Park City, UT in July 2016 - recommendations?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Park City, UT in July 2016 - recommendations?

I am planning on taking my wife to Park City next Summer and would like some opinions/suggestions.
    We are year round cyclists in Tampa, FL so the temperatures won't be an issue. I MTB 3 times/week and she roadies 3 times/week.
    This trip will be a intro to MTB riding for her, she does not appreciate the tight, wooded, rooty, twisty, trails here in FL and would rather ride flowy single track with steady (including difficult) climbs, in a place that has awesome views. Epic 4 - 6 hour rides would be OK.
    We have been skiing in PC several times but never in the Summer.

Looking to rent good (high end FS) bikes if that is possible for 3 or 4 days, and even possibly set up a guide package if something like that exists there.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Paul

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I go to PC every summer, this past summer I was there for a month. GREAT place to MTB, and if she has the fitness from riding 3x/week, she'll do fine there. Most trails climb from town to get to the fun, flowy stuff, but there are numerous lifts and buses that can get you up as high as you want to go also.

Several shops in town will rent nice bikes by the day: White Pine Touring, Jan's and Cole Sport are the Big 3 shops and all have great service and knowledgable about the trail system. You don't need a guide, just go to any of the shops, drop 5 bucks into the Mountain Trails jar, and get a fantastic map of all the local trails. It's easy to get around on all of them, you can access any of them from anywhere in or near town. FANTASTIC network of trails. Don't miss the new Flow Trail at Deer Valley if you like to haul arse down wide, bermed trails with a bunch of jumps thrown in.

mtbr member
    Post this in the Utah forum and you'll get 10X the replies. I'm not sure how you'll get in any 4-6 hour epic rides without having to deal with the kind of trails your wife will be trying to avoid. If it's possible, I'm sure the folks in the Utah forum will know the answer.