NorCal and Southern Oregon Trips- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NorCal and Southern Oregon Trips

Just purchased a new camper and I am ready to take some mountain bike trips!! Anyone want to share some camping/trail spots anywhere in NorCal or Southern Oregon. I would prefer free spots but if there is an awesome pay spot I am good with it. Also like family friendly spots where the wife and kids can enjoy some time in the bikes as well but I can sneak away for a few glorious hours of trail/singltrack shredding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Oakridge Oregon might be a bit limited for beginner level trails, but lots of intermediate level stuff and the camping near the Willamette River is fantastic. Waldo Lake, an hour east is where the cruiser easy trails are. Small town without the scene of Bend or Tahoe. Bear Valley, CA is the anti-Tahoe, nice and peaceful, some good riding, but not as extensive as Tahoe. South Tahoe has great riding, but can be a crowded scene when it comes to finding a camp spot. Downieville is mostly a shuttle scene for experienced riders, but there is some xc stuff also, and good camping. Yeah, I think Oakridge/Waldo Lake should pretty much blow you away unless you're looking for chunk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpressnall View Post
    Oakridge Oregon might be a bit limited for beginner level trails, but lots of intermediate level stuff and the camping near the Willamette River is fantastic. Waldo Lake, an hour east is where the cruiser easy trails are. Small town without the scene of Bend or Tahoe. Bear Valley, CA is the anti-Tahoe, nice and peaceful, some good riding, but not as extensive as Tahoe. South Tahoe has great riding, but can be a crowded scene when it comes to finding a camp spot. Downieville is mostly a shuttle scene for experienced riders, but there is some xc stuff also, and good camping. Yeah, I think Oakridge/Waldo Lake should pretty much blow you away unless you're looking for chunk.
    Thanks for the info. I have ridden South Tahoe a lot and you are right, busy scene. LOVE DOWNIE, but sounds like Oakridge is on my bucket list. THANKS AGAIN!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    If you are in the Redding area, there are plenty of spots to camp and ride. Check out Whiskeytown nra.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Wheel View Post
    If you are in the Redding area, there are plenty of spots to camp and ride. Check out Whiskeytown nra.
    I will take a look. I went to Piney Pines (Mendocino National Forest) and it was mostly motorcycle trails but my Knolly Chilcotin loved the berms and rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dog's best friend
    May 2004
    I'm looking into a similar trip in mid June. Considering the North Umpqua River Trail in OR and the Susanville Ranch Trails in, where else, Susanville CA. Not quite Chilcotin country but these trails look interesting for an xc rider or family fun.