MTB in South Africa; best town to stay- Mtbr.com

Mar 2010

MTB in South Africa; best town to stay

He guys,

Just registered here, because I am going to visit South Africa later this month. From March 27 to April 14 me and my girlfriend are going for a holiday in SA.

We want to dive for 4 days in Mozambique and 4 days of walking-safari, but also 7 days of mountainbiking and hiking...!!!

I already found www.mtbsa.co.za and www.mtbonline.co.za , but still have one problem. All the trails are listed on town names... And I don't know the topography of SA.

So my simple question is: what is the best town to stay for 7 days of trail mountainbiking and a little walking? Of course we like long climbs and big vista's. Technicallity is not that important, long trails (40km) and nice views are!

Do you guys have some suggestions to make my trip to SA unforgetable?!

Greets from the Netherlands,

Aristos (Tom Smulders)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

mountain biking South Africa

Hi Tom
    OK, this reply is waaaaay too late to help you out but in case anybody else is looking for an answer one day, here is mine.

South Africa is a massive country! Too big to easily answer your question.

The best riding for singletrack is in the Western Cape and Kwa Zulu Natal provinces. Cape Town is the biggest town in the Western Cape and Durban is the biggest city in Kwa Zulu Natal.

Check out www.irideafrica.com and see what we get up to and what we ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by iRideAfrica
    Hi Tom
    OK, this reply is waaaaay too late to help you out but in case anybody else is looking for an answer one day, here is mine.

South Africa is a massive country! Too big to easily answer your question.

The best riding for singletrack is in the Western Cape and Kwa Zulu Natal provinces. Cape Town is the biggest town in the Western Cape and Durban is the biggest city in Kwa Zulu Natal.

Check out www.irideafrica.com and see what we get up to and what we ride.
    Me and my BF were going in that place too...And this will be a very good reference for us...

I will check the site and learn more about it...

thanks a lot!!!
    Find and book cheap hotels worldwide! | All about New Zealand Tourism

Members who have read this thread: 0