Mont-Sainte-Anne- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287

    Mont-Sainte-Anne

    I'm going to Mont-Sainte-Anne to ride and watch the downhill/XC. I'm a XC rider and interested in riding there. Any advise?

    I read that their hours are only until 4pm for the trails. Seems odd. Would like to get some evening rides in after watching the races.
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    878
    I think it's the gondola to the top that close at 4 or 5 pm. I ride the xc trails after work till 8.

  3. #3
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,494
    I think the 9AM - 4PM hours refer to the MSA kiosk that actually sells the trail passes, or Sports Alpin that rents bikes. It makes sense for those commercial activities in that after that you wouldn't get value out of the day pass price or a day's rental. The gondola is open from 10AM-4PM

    Certainly during the World Cup weekend there are people on the XC trails until dark. It might also mean that after 4PM you're on your own for being found by a staff sweep if you crash on a trail and are laying there in pieces.

    Mont-Sainte-Anne
    Mont-Sainte-Anne
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287
    Any trails that you would recommend in the area for some XC type riders? Things we should see while in the area?
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    191
    You should skip the ridding at Mont-Sainte-Anne and go ride at Sentiers du Moulin or Vallée Bras-du-Nord :

    Trails aren't that good at MSA compared to the other areas. If you're into more technical riding, Sentiers du Moulin is a must. If you're into less technical, more hardpack-ish, go to Vallée Bras-du-Nord.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287
    Thanks! We'll check those out. Are the trail systems free? Or is there some sort of a day pass?
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287
    Any advice for watching the races this weekend? We'd like to catch some of the DH and XC. Plus get in some riding. Arriving Thursday and staying till Monday
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by burbskate View Post
    Thanks! We'll check those out. Are the trail systems free? Or is there some sort of a day pass?
    All official areas around QC City are (sadly) build around an access fee dependent biz model so yes, expect to pay between 10-15 CAD for a day. That also means that the trails are well maintained (except at MSA).

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    878
    The XC trails in MSA are fine.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by burbskate View Post
    Any advice for watching the races this weekend? We'd like to catch some of the DH and XC. Plus get in some riding. Arriving Thursday and staying till Monday
    ++ riding outside MSA on Thursday, Friday and Monday if you can. If you can make it all the way to Vallée Bras-du-Nord Shannahan and ride the Nelson Nord, you won't regret it...

    Stay at the venue for the weekend. Lost of folks like to take the gondola and hike down during the dh finals (time yourself to watch the top 20 males between the gondola hip jump and the finish area).

    For XC, it's probably best to just walk around the course during the races. A stop at "La Béatrice" is mandatory!

    If you do ride at MSA, better trails are around the camping area (east of the "base village"). La Cairn is probably one for the most enjoyable.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by cadoretteboat View Post
    The XC trails in MSA are fine.
    Yes, fine. Not good or great, just fine.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    878
    Are you traveling by plane or car?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by cadoretteboat View Post
    Are you traveling by plane or car?
    Thanks for all the info guys.

    Driving from southeast Michigan from the Port Huron bridge to Canada.
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: burbskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvi View Post
    ++ riding outside MSA on Thursday, Friday and Monday if you can. If you can make it all the way to Vallée Bras-du-Nord Shannahan and ride the Nelson Nord, you won't regret it...

    Stay at the venue for the weekend. Lost of folks like to take the gondola and hike down during the dh finals (time yourself to watch the top 20 males between the gondola hip jump and the finish area).

    For XC, it's probably best to just walk around the course during the races. A stop at "La Béatrice" is mandatory!

    If you do ride at MSA, better trails are around the camping area (east of the "base village"). La Cairn is probably one for the most enjoyable.
    Could you bike around to different sections of the race? Or is it too congested or too much to worry about?
    Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

Similar Threads

  1. Should I take my fat bike on my Mont Sainte Anne ski trip?
    By GarfieldCat in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 04:04 PM
  2. Mont Sainte Anne
    By Norcoshore1 in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 07:23 PM
  3. Mont Sainte Anne World Cup 2013
    By cyclelicious in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:00 PM
  4. World Cup DH at Mont-Sainte-Anne
    By 1soulrider in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  5. uci mtb world cup at mont-sainte-anne canada
    By 29ernb in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.