Kingdom vs. Raystown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Kingdom vs. Raystown

A buddy of mine and I are planning a riding trip for the end of June and are trying to figure out where to go. We both like faster flow, berms and jumps vs climbing. We're both riding 5" trail bikes and used to ride a lot of DH. We're more about having fun while we ride than keeping track of cadence, etc.

So, leaving from NY for a 3 day trip, where do we go?
    Kingdom or Raystown?

mtbr member
    KT hands down, been to both KT has more mileage, more elevation and more fun varied trails. NEMBAFEST is going on at KT June 16, 17 & 18 so trails will be more crowded that weekend so Id avoid that weekend unless you want the festival type of experience.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Raystown is fun, but for planning 3 days riding in the same spot, I'm not sure there is enough at Raystown to keep you going for 3 days. Especially if you are looking for more flowing trails. Raystown definitely fits that criteria, but you could hit 75% or more in one long day on the bike. I have never been to Kingdom so I can't speak from experience, but if it were me, I would head to Kingdom. There seems to be a bit more to offer there. Raystown is great, and I'm lucky enough to live an hour or so from there and it makes for great day trips but for an extended road trip, Kingdom gets my vote.

mtbr member
    Last time I went to Raystown we rode from 7points out and did all the far side of the road in one shot. Woke up the next morning and did everything else. TBH I don't even bother taking my FS bike there, I take my 29 AM HT with a semi slick in back. No reason for anything else there. I took a 160mm FS bike the first time there and sucked. I went there 3 times now, not in a hurry to go back.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb