If you need Fruita info...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

If you need Fruita info...

Hey there, If anyone needs any advice on rides around Fruita, let me know. Little known fact...you can ride here all year long, even in the summer. We have higher elevation rides close by that most people coming into town don't know about. You don't have to start your ride at 6am if you know where to go
    Make every ride a great ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks for the offer, yes which rides do U recommend, where to stay etc. singletrack

mtbr member

fruitamountainbiking.com

Quote Originally Posted by larryniner View Post
    thanks for the offer, yes which rides do U recommend, where to stay etc. singletrack
    There is a new website that has trail info and links to all the local places to stay and eat and trail info... --- Fruita Mountain Biking - All you need to know before you go

My two cents:
    Trails not to miss... Mary's - Horsetheif - Steves all at Loma/Kokopelli
    and Prime Cut to PBR (several runs) and Joe's / Mo Joe's and Zippity Do Da up at 18 Road.

Hopefully you have two days at least.
    There is camping at 18 Road - first come first served.
    Balanced Rock Inn is in a great location if you want a motel walking distance to downtown Fruita. The bike shop is in the circle ( dinosaur on the left - bike shop on your right ) if you need anything.

Have a great time!!!
    Make every ride a great ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    thanks for the advice

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    I'll second the recommendation for staying at Balanced Rock Inn. Great place and owners.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    If you are camping, I like the James Robb State Park right in town - very clean and right close to the bike shops, restaraunts, and trails. Showers and laundry facilities right on site - (coin operated though).
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I am potentially headed to Fruita in about 10 days. I'll be with a friend who is recovering from a back injury. He's made it clear he doesn't want to push it too hard. Thoughts on the easiest trails in the area? And some scenery would not be bad. Don't mind some uphill riding, but looking to avoid much technical. Relatively smooth and flowy would be ideal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stenou View Post
    I am potentially headed to Fruita in about 10 days. I'll be with a friend who is recovering from a back injury. He's made it clear he doesn't want to push it too hard. Thoughts on the easiest trails in the area? And some scenery would not be bad. Don't mind some uphill riding, but looking to avoid much technical. Relatively smooth and flowy would be ideal.
    18 Road is easily the smoothest, flowiest trail system I've ever been on...anywhere!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CBBFruita View Post
    Hey there, If anyone needs any advice on rides around Fruita, let me know. Little known fact...you can ride here all year long, even in the summer. We have higher elevation rides close by that most people coming into town don't know about. You don't have to start your ride at 6am if you know where to go
    We rent our RV travel trailer in the Grand Junction/Fruita area; can deliver/setup & provide full setups with food. Dry camp or stay at one of the awesome local parks, all close to incredible riding: https://www.outdoorsy.co/rentals/2570. We also provide trip planning services for Moab/Gooseberry/Sedona/Phoenix
    OVER the rocks, not around