Come to Nepal!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Come to Nepal!!

mtbr member

Come to Nepal!!

Nepal is an up and coming mountain bike destination- new trails and routes are being discovered all the time and more and more quality bike companies are opening up. You can do everything from day trips to week or even month long expeditions in the back country!

The April 25 earthquake and many huge aftershocks were devastating to Many areas, including Kathmandu, but we are rebuilding quickly! The Nepali people are incredible- resilient, positive and friendly. Today I cycled though a village that had been nearly completely destroyed to see a temporary school the Nepali National Cycling team helped build, and all the villagers smiled and greeted us with cheerful "Namaste!" despite the fact they are living in tents.

By the fall - high season for tourism - most businesses and tourist operators will be back on their feet, and they will really need your business! We have some great companies operating here, including Sacred Rides, and locals like Himalayan Singletrack and Epic. Look them up for advice and to book a holiday of a lifetime!

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll answer below.
    After the earthquake Nepal's cyclists rode to the rescue!!! Learn more at: http://nepalcyclistsridetorescue.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    May 2013
    That sound like both a dream biking holiday and a "help someone else" trip. Win win!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    On the fence between hiking to Everest base camp and doing a riding trip. Anyone done an organized riding tour that can weigh in on the pros/cons? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I did the hike to Everest Base Camp and then did a one-day ride in the Kathmandu Valley afterward. That is a trip everyone should do if they can. It wasn't too expensive either.

I wanted to give a shout-out to Harka and Laxmi at Himalayan Action, they were amazing mountain bike guides. She is a multi-time national champion. My rental bike had XX1, they were simply amazing!

I can't say enough great things about the people across the country. It was an incredible experience.