Camping and mountain biking- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Camping and mountain biking

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a camping and MTB destination on the east coast similar to how Raystown in Pa is set up. I'm looking to rent a pop up camper and would like to find a place within a 4 hour drive from north Jersey. Any help would be appreciated.
    "Live, Live, Live!. Life is a banquet but most poor suckers are starving to death!!!"

mtbr member
    Haven't been to Raystown yet so I'm unsure of the "setup" there. Take my nominations with a grain of salt!

Places I've been and can recommend:

Charlemont, MA - camp at Mohawk State park. Ride Thunder Mountain (lift access), Trails behind Warfield house, Dubuque SF. Short car drive away - Wendell SF, Savoy Mountain, Deerfield Ridge.

Mt Ascutney in West Windsor, VT - camp at Ascutney SP. Ride the STAB trails (Sport Trails of the Ascutney Basin). Take the challenge and ride to the mountain top on the park road. Okemo nearby for lift assist. Other trail systems nearby - use Strava global heatmap to find systems along Blood Hill Road and the Boston Lot reservoir.

Mauk Chunk/Jim Thorpe, PA - It's been over 20 years since I've been but I had a good time and found enough trails to fill 3-4 days back then.

Townsend, MA - I just did four days there last week. Camped at Pearl Hill SP. Actually found enough riding right there to ride twice a day for about 90 minutes each session. But nearby trails include - Leominster SP, Groton Town Forest, and Flat Rock(?).

Cape Cod - camp at Shawme Crowel SF or Nickerson SP. Tons of riding all along route 6. Tons. Too many to name. Use the heat map or TrailForks. Otis and West Barnstable are standouts. If you drive off cape, Pine Hills is awesome. And it's next to a nuclear power plant!

Crazy place I'm planning on going - but haven't been yet: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Eales Preserve, Lackawanna, Merli-Sarnoski, Moon Lake.

Just a bit farther than four hours: White mountains in NH and of course, Kingdom Trails in Vermont. Be sure to hit Parker Mountain (Littleton) and Millstone (East Barre) if you go to Kingdom Trails. Absolutely worth it. Parker Mountain is brutal and Millstone has to be seen to be believed. It runs through a stone quarry with stone carvings everywhere.

Be sure to check Covid requirements before travelling.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020

Alps biking

Hey guys i live in Humboldt county and i recently went to the trinity lake and was stoked when i stumbled upon some sick bike trails.... sadly i was there to get drunk and wake bord and i did not have my bike.... any way aside form the "lakes edge trail dose any local out there in weavervill want to hook up and show me around or maybe just give me some directions?