Cabo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Cabo

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Cabo

We will be in Cabo at the end of the month staying at an all inclusive for a work trip. I will need to get out of there, I can't handle sitting at the pool and laying in the sun all day... How risky is it? I'm not looking to get robbed.

I don't necessarily need a single track ride, anything to get on a bike would be great. If it is tamer my wife would join me.

mtbr member
    The last time we were down there, we went out on the Polaris RZR tour with Amigo's ATV. We did the Sunset Tour and it was a blast. Their RZR's were 2015 1000cc models and hauled freight. Highly recommended and I expect to go out with them every time I return to Cabo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I've been to Cabo multiple times, and have never felt like I was in any danger. The area depends on tourism, and they last thing they want is a tourist being robbed or injured. Of course, like any travel destination, it pays to be aware. I'm not sure if they offer mtnb, but the tour operators below are great and offer hikes and ocean kayaking:
    Adventure Activities in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico - Cabo Outfitters

mtbr member
    I go there all the time, because we have a place there, and when it comes to safety your are probably safer there then most place in the US or Canada. Sure if you go into a bad area, bad things may happen but so can bad things happen if you go into bad areas of your home town.

I have never ridden there yet, because of the heat plus I like my own bike and I go there to relax. I never looked into biking but have thought about it while laying by the pool. Saying that, this past Xmas I met a few people that went up to Todos Santos for a mountain bike tour. Not sure of the cost but they did have a great time.

A side note is that Todos Santos is where the real Hotel California is where the eagles stayed and wrote songs. Great place for lunch but the t-shirts look good but don't last. You would kill 2 birds with one stone.