Anyone been in Livigno, italy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone been in Livigno, italy?

The planning of our trip to Italy is slowly progressing, and I think we settled on Livigno. Anyone out there who has been there riding? And any feedback on the tours organized by monkeymtb?
    The pictures and little clips look dope, but it would be great to sample some first hand experience.

Thanks

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I was there last year for two weeks. Very nice, the riding is OK. Great views, amazing scenery, but the single track quality isn't amazing.

Make sure you have easy gears on your bike, the climbs are steep, really steep.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    I was there last year for two weeks. Very nice, the riding is OK. Great views, amazing scenery, but the single track quality isn't amazing.

Make sure you have easy gears on your bike, the climbs are steep, really steep.
    Man I was there 9 years ago and I thought it was epic. I live in a place where great trails are right out my door and I would go back to Livigno in a heartbeat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by zyclopath View Post
    The planning of our trip to Italy is slowly progressing, and I think we settled on Livigno. Anyone out there who has been there riding? And any feedback on the tours organized by monkeymtb?
    The pictures and little clips look dope, but it would be great to sample some first hand experience.

Thanks
    I'm also doing some last minute planning to possibly get out to Livigno at the end of this month and ran across the MonkeyMTB website. Looking at doing one of their "self-guided" cross country tours where they provide assistance by shuttling your luggage from hotel to hotel for about 3-4 days. Then spend a day or two doing lift-served riding.
    Would love to hear more feedback from other people on the riding there and/or the tour company as well.
    Thanks all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Would love to have a go in Italy as well. There's so many lovely regions there and the Italian mentality is very friendly so for a quick stop to get a small glass of red wine would be a great pitstop!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Livigno is situated in the northern Italian Alps. It can be the best place for snowboarders and a good ski destination too. By the way, the place is a tax free haven in Europe!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Reviving this, because I'm curious as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Iíve been to Livignio twice and hopefully planning a third visit. One of the best places in the alps to base out of for a huge variety of riding options and big adventure days. Love it.