Zion Mtn Resort??- Mtbr.com
    tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

Zion Mtn Resort??

Traveling out to Zion in mid-Oct, and having a hard time finding semi-nice places to stay with the fam. We're coming from LA, and my wife found Zion Mtn Resort.

Seems like a nice place, but a little out of the way in terms of the main entrance to the park, as well as riding.

Is there anyone from this area that maybe could shed some light on this for me.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is riding on that side of the Park, and is it worth the drive out there if the main reason we're going to be out in the area is because of the Park. To me it seems like Springdale is the way to go, but can't really find anything to fit our family or that is available. Hurricane is a possibility (for me) but the spouse is looking for something a little more than a just hotel room since her and the kids won't be riding.....if that makes sense.

Any insight/input would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks for in advance for any light you can shed,
    -tep

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Get in touch with Colin at Cliffrose Lodge in Springdale. They have brand new 2 room suites that are right by the virgin river. You may need to talk to him about bike storage as I don't think they allow them in the room.

435-772-3234. Tell him Dustin sent you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Never been, but I would not stay on that side of the park if you're here to ride, especially with the tunnel construction. All the riding is on the other side of the park, and it can take over an hour to get from one side to another.

I would stick with Springdale/Hurricane, depending on exactly what you're looking for?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Great place in Virgin where you can ride out to three awsome trails... See my signature.

Virgin is between Hurricane and the Park.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

I'd rather be biking...
    I'd bag the zion mtn resort since you will be more oriented around riding. Been up there for work and enjoyed the area but I still think Springdale is a better bet or even west of the park. More scenic with lots more to do as far as mountain biking, restaurants, shopping etc.

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    Dustin, and Monte thank you for the recommendation. Unfortunately, we will be there on a wknd that both places are already booked.....greatly appreciate the hospitality.

....and thank you to all of you for your insight. I agree with y'all in regards to the riding as well as it just being out of the way, when located on the Eastside of the park.

I guess I'll have to keep looking for something. We'll probably end up in Hurricane, which isn't bad, just wanted to get something a little bit nicer and closer....for the wife and kids it's their first time going. Me, I'm good with just a bed and bathroom anywhere.

I'll be up there Fri-Sun 10/15-17 if you guys are riding and looking for a tag-along let me know. Just planning on doing either an afternoon ride on Fri or a Sat morning ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Just give a heads up when you get close. I could use a good ride.

mtbr member

Cable Mountain Lodge

http://www.cablemountainlodge.com/

I stayed here last October(I'm picky about lodging). Great place in Springdale. Right at the mouth of Zion, some of the most beautiful scenery right from your balcony. Springdale has a cool outdoor vibe, and is only a few miles past one of the access points to Gooseberry. High recommend staying here.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by huckie
    http://www.cablemountainlodge.com/

I stayed here last October(I'm picky about lodging). Great place in Springdale. Right at the mouth of Zion, some of the most beautiful scenery right from your balcony. Springdale has a cool outdoor vibe, and is only a few miles past one of the access points to Gooseberry. High recommend staying here.
    CML is nice and new, the Cliff Rose is nice as well and close to the "center" of town.

Springdale is unique as there is zero ride-out trail access from town.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    I look at the East side of the park and drool about the possibilities of biking on that slickrock. Alas. I wish there was some biking on that side, Zion Mtn Resort is a pretty nice place.

Members who have read this thread: 0