Zion + Bikes + In-Laws = ? (help)- Mtbr.com
    School Bites

Zion + Bikes + In-Laws = ? (help)

Alright, here is my delema, hope you guys can help me. The whole family is taking a trip to Zion in a month and would like to do some mountain biking while we are there. I am looking for some fairly easy trails that my In-laws on "comfort" bikes could handle. I ride a Bullit and would like to check out Gooseberry Mesa, but it's for sure too much for them. I have read that some trails like the "White Trail" are easier, but how easy? Any recomendations?

Thanks!
    "Get this man a milkshake. Might have to show him how to use the straw though." -kidwoo

Bored Carp
    There is a very pleasant paved trail into the National Park, and as there are no cars allowed in the canyon at this time, your in-laws will be able to ride right up the (traffic-free) road to the top of the canyon. The grade is minimal, and the ride back is all downhill. Bring locks so you can stop and look around or get an ice cream at the lodge. You will not find that your Bullit gets full travel on this ride.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/zion-tg.htm

Additionally, there is a jeep road on Gooseberry - this may be okay for your in-laws. Check out a Gooseberry map to see this.

(dilemma)
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

land magnate
    Ride out to grafton from rockville is another nice road/dirt road ride with the added attraction of the Grafton Ghost town
    live, love, learn, & balance gravitational alteration along the excursion!

mtbr member
    Chuky and Vandizzy make three great suggestions; bike into Zion NP, the double track on Gooseberry, and the dirt road from Grafton to Rockville. If they ride the double track on Gooseberry Mesa, which is an out-and-back, they'll want to take note of the different forks in the road so as they end back where they started. They'll love the ride up Zion NP.

Members who have read this thread: 0