Zion Area Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Zion Area Questions

I'm planning to visit the area with two of my buddies in early April and I have a couple of questions. Bike rental- Any comments good or bad on Zion cycles. After phone conversations I seem happy with the owner and his 2006 full suspension bikes, but I've never been in the area and would appreciate feedback. Lodging- We plan to ride Gooseberry, JEM, maybe Church Rocks, Slickrock Swamp...We're there for two and a half days (two nights). Any suggestions for reasonable Lodging? Should we stay at Springdale (where Zion cycles is) or are there reasons why we should consider Hurricane? St. George?

Thanks for any other info a guy might find helpful too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rblouch
    I'm planning to visit the area with two of my buddies in early April and I have a couple of questions. Bike rental- Any comments good or bad on Zion cycles. After phone conversations I seem happy with the owner and his 2006 full suspension bikes, but I've never been in the area and would appreciate feedback. Lodging- We plan to ride Gooseberry, JEM, maybe Church Rocks, Slickrock Swamp...We're there for two and a half days (two nights). Any suggestions for reasonable Lodging? Should we stay at Springdale (where Zion cycles is) or are there reasons why we should consider Hurricane? St. George?

Thanks for any other info a guy might find helpful too!
    Lodging outside of Springdale will be cheaper but no any closer to the rides you listed.
    I have no experience with Zion cycles per se but usually everything in Sprigdale is more expensive.

mtbr member
    Try Shuntavi bikes they have good service. They also could give you some good trail info and lodging info.

http://shuntavibikes.com/
    Bikeless Rider

shaved yeti
    Fred runs a great shop. I would recommend him anytime. Shuntavi's is good too, but I don't know about their rental selection.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Lodging in Hurricane this time of year is dirt cheap, and I'm pretty sure it's closer to several of your planned rides. Breakfast at the Main Street Cafe is killer. There is a little more going on in Springdale, and better dinner choices.
    Whining is not a strategy.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

For rentals, check out Desert Cyclery in St. George. I know that it may be a bit of a drive from the Goose area, but they have awesome rentals (Yeti 575s), especially for that kind of riding. You could give them a call and talk to them there for more info. I dont know how much they charge for the rentals, etc., but they are great bikes. The other shops down there are cool as well, but I dont know what there rental selection or prices are like.

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkey
    Fred runs a great shop. I would recommend him anytime. Shuntavi's is good too, but I don't know about their rental selection.

Bonkey....do you guys have rentals at your shop ? We'll be down in gooseberry/hurricane area around April 21st-25th and one of our posse may be flying into Vegas and in need of a bike.

any suggestions ?

thanks, Chad

ride more.
    Nov 2004

bonkey rents bikes. give him a call to reserve one.

Members who have read this thread: 0