Zen or JEM Today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Zen or JEM Today

I'm visiting from Denver and I have two days left to ride. I rode Church Rocks on the 23rd and 26th since it has been wet. I'd like to ride something different today and tomorrow that has dried up. I was thinking Zen or JEM.

If anyone would like to join me, I'm a 50 year old (winter weight carrying) guy who loves to ride.

Mike LeBlanc 720-220-7578.

NOT Team Sanchez
    what'd you end up riding?
    I like bikes.

LW Coaching
    Jul 2005
    Paradise and Church rocks. That's about it for what you can ride without doing damage to the trail. There are a lot of visitors "riding" other trails and trashing them right now. It is a very sad thing on multiple levels.

NOT Team Sanchez
    even church rocks isn't so great, the freeze-thaw action makes it sloppy, paradise only!!!!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I did not get out this afternoon with remote work issues. I guess it's Paradise tomorrow. When I rode Church Rocks I met a cowboy coming our just past the 1st large double ledge. His horse really tore up the trail.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Zen

I heard Zen is in good shape. (Dry) as of 122808.
    I'm would thing JEM is still wet.

I'd rather be biking...
    Rode paradise last night and only had a couple spots damp, but overall its in good shape, i too noticed that fence you were talking about wasea04 on top of paradise coming down by castle rock dev. bypassing that drop/fence makes you go down that rutted out switch back

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Wondering when is a good (aewsome) time of year to make a trip to St George for trail conditions and weather?????
    The Jackster. you must earn your turns and ride to the top.

I'd rather be biking...
    Spring and fall is a great time, summers (may-aug) it gets pretty hot, so early morning rides are about it unless you enjoy riding in 100+ weather. March, April and early may are a great time to visit in spring and Fall would be sept through mid november. The winters are usually dry down here except this year, we have had some snow on the ground for most of the trails the last few weeks. Its mostly dried out now though and weather is actually really nice. Temp was in low 50's

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Most stuff has dried out but another trail to try when wet out is pioneer rim. It's got to be 90% rock so I think it would handle water pretty well.

**shelbster15** are you riding it after dark with lights?? I ride that at night quite a bit as I live just off snow canyon. Is a fun trail.

I'd rather be biking...
    Helibird, ive got a bike light but havent really used it yet much, i dont like cold weather and its been to cold at night for me so im shooting for spring and summer to enjoy night riding!

mtbr member
    Zen and Barrels were both good when I was there earlier this week (29-30th)...... especially if you get out early before the freeze/thaw..... thaws. Even later in the morning or afternoon they were pretty good for the most part with only a few softish spots (NO mud sticking to tires and no ruts... just a bit soft).

I rode Cowboy trails in Vegas on the 31st and it was good to go until you got up towards the overlook and the sun had thawed things out. Everything else was packed and tacky good.

Ride report here.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0