XC build vs. 575 for Utah

Printable View

• 01-27-2009
    yeti575fanboy
    XC build vs. 575 for Utah
    Well, I've come to the realization that I'm probably never going to be doing 6' drops, and am more of an xc rider rather than all-mountain. I'm currently riding an 08 575 that comes in at about 28lbs. However, I can't help but think that I might enjoy something like a Titus Racer X or Turner Flux more, seeing how I want to be a better climber and want something that I can have greater control over, rather than getting lots of air. Being that I'm not originally from Utah and haven't done too much riding here, I guess my main question is, will I be happy with a light XC build for the kinds of trails found around SLC/Park City? Thanks for any input!:thumbsup:
  • 01-27-2009
    KRob
    Many of the trails around SLC and particularly around Park City are perfect for a 4" bike like the Flux or RX 100.

When I go to PC, I almost always take the HH100x. That doesn't mean there aren't some chunkier trails around, but many of the popular trails along the Wasatch front were built for fast, flowy, XC type railing.

Having said that....the 575 would be a great bike built at that weight for the SLC/PC trails too. I wouldn't call a 5.75" bike with a 140mm fork overkill for that area.
  • 01-27-2009
    Colonel Flagg
    I've had the Flux and the orignial / XC Blur which is a 4" bike. I thought they were both perfect for the trails in the Wasatch. They were light and climbed very well. I never felt as if I wanted more travel when I rode either of those bikes.