Wolf mountain-GO THERE RIGHT NOW- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Wolf mountain-GO THERE RIGHT NOW

After hearing al the hype the Go-Ride crew made it up there yesterday to check it out- it is incredible!

DH course- a mix of tight rutted woods, berms and jumps. What? Did you say real berms made by bobcats that are tall and flow properly? Did you say step down jumps, table tops and wooded gap jumps? In the middle of a DH run? Yes you heard that right. It is really powdery since it hasn't rained since they cut the trails but it is great none the less.

Mountaincross track. Probably the longest track i've seen aside from some world champs track. Like 2 minutes. Wide jumps, whoops, rollers, endless berm turns. You can get off at mid mountain and cut right over to it if you want. There is a long berm that turns into a spine and turns into a berm going the other direction! It's all downhill and fast, fun on a big bike too.

Terrain Park. Wooden kickers to long wide landings. Danger- the booters are concaved and will buck your ass if you aren't skilled/cautous/going slow. Once figured out they are sweet airtime all the way. There is a short one and a long one next to each other. Then there are a few table tops, a 2x4 spine, and a crazy wood step up-jump off that's narrow. It was closed though and had me all nervous.

It's only 1 hour away and they are STOKED to have riders there. They let us drink beer on the lift, all are very friendly, and it's only 15 bucks! $75 for a season pass!!! No gravel turns, no attitude, only a relaxed feel and endless fun.

There's only 1 chair lift and it's certainly not fast. But that doesn't seem to slow down the action. They have a funny sign that says "the smallest resort in Utah". That means "bring food and drinks". They did have a few wraps and a cooler full of ice cold beer for $3. It's a start. They're makinfg more trails as we speak. There's a barn like lodge with a resturant but is was closed. I imagin as more people go there they could get the food going.

So stop what you're doing and call up your riding buddies. Tell them that mini whistler is only an hour away from SLC and your going swimming in Pineview resivoir after riding.

Krispy
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-09-2007 at 01:47 PM.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

mtbr member
    here are a couple pictures from the park.

Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz
    Yeah, the wooden step-up to skinny bridge in the park, I put that thing out of business the first day it was up. I broke it on my last run, the first segment broke and I ran into the end of the second segment. It almost put me out of business. It was real fun tho, I got some runs doing it on helmet cam, I'm editing it now to get it posted in a couple of days. Definitely a fun place to ride, and it's only a half hour away from my house, on top of it!

They have mellowed out the wood booters, they don't pop you up so much as they used to. I kind of liked the vert they used to give you tho.
    This election is like a turd in a bag on your porch... whether its a blue bag or a red bag, it's still a turd on your porch.

Members who have read this thread: 0