Wolf Creek Endurance Race Info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Wolf Creek Endurance Race Info

Does anyone know what the courses are like for this race? I'm familiar w/the Green Mile.. I'm curious about how they'll route the bottom..

Can someone tell me what the other "red" trail (fezzari/park) is? Is it the big double track that runs under the lift. Or is it the more technical trail w/the tiny wall/ride-turn thing and silly double that you can see from the lift?

Will there be any climbing, or is it all DH? Basically I'm trying to decide between riding my RFX or Highline.

Lastly, is wolf even open for normal riding this year? I went up a few sundays ago, it was closed. Also called up their on Mon (holiday) with no answer.. so I didn't risk the drive.

Any info is greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    Does anyone know what the courses are like for this race? I'm familiar w/the Green Mile.. I'm curious about how they'll route the bottom..

Can someone tell me what the other "red" trail (fezzari/park) is? Is it the big double track that runs under the lift. Or is it the more technical trail w/the tiny wall/ride-turn thing and silly double that you can see from the lift?

Will there be any climbing, or is it all DH? Basically I'm trying to decide between riding my RFX or Highline.

Lastly, is wolf even open for normal riding this year? I went up a few sundays ago, it was closed. Also called up their on Mon (holiday) with no answer.. so I didn't risk the drive.

Any info is greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance!
    I'm assuming the 'red' trail is the course they ran the DH/Trailbike DH on this year. If so, a lot of it is new and a lot of fun. Nothing really technical besides some sharp turns over roots, has some decent flow, the bottom was more like a big BMX track. I rode the thing on my Tracer with a XC helmet, no pads, 2.3 single ply tires and didn't feel overwhelmed....at least not until it started pouring rain and my drivetrain/pedals sized up with mud. Seemed the Super D this year was rougher, in terms of rocks, than any of the trails on the mountain proper. The DH course was cut into some nice and rare black and tacky dirt.
    I would say that so long as your seat's slammed you can use your RFX without hesitation. Plus, it wouldn't work you as much on the Green Mile after 6 hours.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    I'm assuming the 'red' trail is the course they ran the DH/Trailbike DH on this year. If so, a lot of it is new and a lot of fun. Nothing really technical besides some sharp turns over roots, has some decent flow, the bottom was more like a big BMX track. I rode the thing on my Tracer with a XC helmet, no pads, 2.3 single ply tires and didn't feel overwhelmed....at least not until it started pouring rain and my drivetrain/pedals sized up with mud. Seemed the Super D this year was rougher, in terms of rocks, than any of the trails on the mountain proper. The DH course was cut into some nice and rare black and tacky dirt.
    I would say that so long as your seat's slammed you can use your RFX without hesitation. Plus, it wouldn't work you as much on the Green Mile after 6 hours.
    Gracias sir! I may actually pick up a new canfield one (woot) that should be perfect for the course..

Now does anyone now if wolf creek is open to ride before the race? I can't find a schedule/info anywhere on the interwebz..

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    Gracias sir! I may actually pick up a new canfield one (woot) that should be perfect for the course..

Now does anyone now if wolf creek is open to ride before the race? I can't find a schedule/info anywhere on the interwebz..
    You can try my favorite website: www.buttsl#ts.com. Probably have to dig pretty deep to find any info about the race, but you'll get so side tracked it won't hold any importance any longer....and you'll be charged $29.95 recurring billing for 6 months.

Your entry fee includes a special lift pass for both Sat/Sunday.
    Practice on Saturday from Noon O' Clock to 6pm. No joke, 6pm-that's pretty awesome. Race is Sunday 8am-2pm, so if you're racing you can ride the lift during that time and pretend like you're racing.
    Qualifier (if you want to have your first race run seeded) is Saturday at 2:30pm down the 'Red' Trail. One timed run.
    If you don't do the qualifier, Ron will seed you based on how fast you can find one chocolate egg hidden on his person (all orafices and skin folds are fair game) OR a random plate drawing on Sunday morning-his choice. Honestly, I would practice looking for hidden Cadbury eggs on your parents just to be safe.

You deserve a unicorn. Here you go. Good luck.

Ooooo..... a unicorn egg. Kind of prophetic huh? Feeling lucky now???

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    What is the ruling on attaching said egg to my numberplate during the race.. or say, carrying it on my person (concealed weapon)?

Can I attach it to a chain and use it sega-genesis-road-rash style to smite other riders??

Members who have read this thread: 0