window licker's on texas wheelchairs- Mtbr.com
    Really I am that slow

window licker's on texas wheelchairs

This was out in Bowls and ledges....

Mega lame!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails window licker's on texas wheelchairs-atv.jpg  

Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Quadtards: Hate 'em.

On a side note, it looks like things are drying out nicely up on the goose.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ya.. there is some vagueness on the signage.. motorized vehicles are allowed on several of the jeep roads up there and then wonder (by chance or intentionally) onto the single track..
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What's the big deal?

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyhands
    What's the big deal?
    Trail is closed to motorized use, Said trail is near me, I like my trails
    Read my BLOG!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What's the big deal?
    Can I come to you house and ride my quad around in your front yard? That's kinda the problem.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What's the big deal?
    Can I come to you house and ride my quad around in your front yard? That's kinda the problem.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    What's the big deal?
    In my experience, once one quad "blazes" a trail, a zillion more will follow. Quads obliterate singletrack. So, if you have a singletrack trail, and you like it, and let the quads on it, it's gone. Gone gone gone.

That's not to imply that all quads drivers are knuckle dragging neanderthals. And some quad trails are fun enough to ride on with a bike. But once they find your singletrack, kiss it goodbye.
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Is there a place where I can nominate this as the best titled Thread ever?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    ---r

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    First of all that is NOT 'your' front yard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    In my experience, once one quad "blazes" a trail, a zillion more will follow. Quads obliterate singletrack. So, if you have a singletrack trail, and you like it, and let the quads on it, it's gone. Gone gone gone.
    Second of all that's NOT single track. I see a bunch of sandstone. Its difficult to discern the difference between MTB track and the ATV tracks.You people are WAY too sensitive. Remember there are people who would like to outlaw MTBers on trails and they are the same people who oppose offroaders so be careful who you side with and lighten the F*%ck up.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Second of all that's NOT single track. I see a bunch of sandstone. Its difficult to discern the difference between MTB track and the ATV tracks.You people are WAY too sensitive.
    Is this the official position of the entire Budweiser Land Management organization or just your opinion as Chief Jacka$$?

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    That's not to imply that all quads drivers are knuckle dragging neanderthals.
    There are some that haven't evolved that far yet.

mtbr member

Second of all that's NOT single track. I see a bunch of sandstone. Its difficult to discern the difference between MTB track and the ATV tracks.You people are WAY too sensitive. Remember there are people who would like to outlaw MTBers on trails and they are the same people who oppose offroaders so be careful who you side with and lighten the F*%ck up.
    That's quite an ATV that can leave tire impressions in sandstone, don't you think?
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    May 2009

Ya.. you're right...it's really my side yard, the JEM Trail is my front yard..

Those trails were built for MTBs by MTB riders and are designated MTB/foot only. Have you ever ridden on Bowls and Ledges...do yu know where this photo was taken???

Hey! Stevie Wonder...are you serious about saying you can't tell the dif between an ATV and a Mountainbike track?

(is that light enough for you... because I'm laughing my a$$ off)
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Is this the official position of the entire Budweiser Land Management organization or just your opinion as Chief Jacka$$?
    Wow. You are just a dick.

All I'm saying is that people need to be called out when something just isn't a big deal. No one was hurt by this incident, nothing was impacted. Those 'tracks' will disappear before the next rain.
    When people accuse mountain bikers of leaving an 'impact' when there isn't any, they need to be called out on it. Likewise when people whine about ATV's when it isn't hurting anybody, they also need to be called out. If that makes me a jackass, then I'll proudly take that title.

So go and continue spewing your condescending bullsh*t down upon everybody. That will win you lots of friends...dick.

Really I am that slow

All I'm saying is that people need to be called out when something just isn't a big deal. No one was hurt by this incident, nothing was impacted. Those 'tracks' will disappear before the next rain.
    When people accuse mountain bikers of leaving an 'impact' when there isn't any, they need to be called out on it. Likewise when people whine about ATV's when it isn't hurting anybody, they also need to be called out. If that makes me a jackass, then I'll proudly take that title.

So go and continue spewing your condescending bullsh*t down upon everybody. That will win you lots of friends...dick.

Should have taken pic of the broken bristle cone pine.... that well only take the next 120 years to heal if it heals at all.... plenty of other places ATV's are ALLOWED to ride in SW utah
    Read my BLOG!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    o go and continue spewing your condescending bullsh*t down upon everybody. That will win you lots of friends...dick.
    As long as your kids have mountain bike trails to ride, I will be okay with not having any friends. Enjoy!

NOT Team Sanchez
    Not to add to the fire but ATV's have been all over Bear Paw lately, and it's as if the winter damage to that trail was bad enough The front side of Green Valley is/will soon be double track thanks to ATV's, isn't the twenty or so jeep tracks already there enough??
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez

Freudian Slip

Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Not to add to the fire but ATV's have been all over Bear Paw lately, and it's as if the winter damage to that trail was bad enough The front side of Green Valley is/will soon be double track thanks to ATV's, isn't the twenty or so jeep tracks already there enough??

Bear Claw, not Bear Paw.......mmmmm I must be repressing my fixation for pancakes
    I like bikes.

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Bear Claw, not Bear Paw.......mmmmm I must be repressing my fixation for pancakes

LOL!
    Read my BLOG!

rider
    Jan 2005

Personal attack on another member. Classy. Don't people get banned for this?
    Abandoned the 26" wheel in May '03

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Okay then it's official; your new title is jackass

When people accuse mountain bikers of leaving an 'impact' when there isn't any, they need to be called out on it. Likewise when people whine about ATV's when it isn't hurting anybody, they also need to be called out. If that makes me a jackass, then I'll proudly take that title.So go and continue spewing your condescending bullsh*t down upon everybody. That will win you lots of friends...dick.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Whatever Happened To The Bobsled?

Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Is there a place where I can nominate this as the best titled Thread ever?
    Great question SLC! Glad you were able to contribute constructively to such a enlightening discussion because that's what makes this website so wonderful and such a great resource.

I'd like to put in an official request, with slcrockymountainrider's backing I'm sure, to merge the Utard thread with the All-Mountain thread. Can I get an administrator on that today?

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2009

Ok.. I;m going to do this nicely...

Do you know this trail well. Not I rode it once or twice well... but every inch of it well? The OP does....

Did you see the rubber marks on the sandstone left by ATV tires? The OP did.

Do you realize that this ATV damage was rather extensive on the trail prior to and after ths area as a result of the ATV. The OP does

Do you realize that ATV's riding on singletrack is a violation of the land use rules on Gooseberry... and that there ae three roads where they are allowed....The OP and about everyone but you in this thread does....

Do you see a trend here......? Everyone else does.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Great question SLC! Glad you were able to contribute constructively to such a enlightening discussion because that's what makes this website so wonderful and such a great resource.

I'd like to put in an official request, with slcrockymountainrider's backing I'm sure, to merge the Utard thread with the All-Mountain thread. Can I get an administrator on that today?

Cheers

Dude, you're an idiot! Seriously, lay off slcrockymountainrider. Granted he's a hack but he has a right to post up stupid things here too. You're just ruining this Forum with your personal attacks, albeit completey based on fact and first person observation.
    If that makes me a jackass well then I guess I'm just the monkey on monkeyhands' back.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Dude, you're an idiot! Seriously, lay off slcrockymountainrider. Granted he's a hack but he has a right to post up stupid things here too. You're just ruining this Forum with your personal attacks, albeit completey based on fact and first person observation.
    If that makes me a jackass well then I guess I'm just the monkey on monkeyhands' back.
    I hate you.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    I hate you.
    Can I still borrow your shock pump?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Can I still borrow your shock pump?

Sure, if you let me borrow that friend you were out drinking with the other night. You know, the one with the really bad scoliosis problem.

TTYL!

Members who have read this thread: 0