Who's been diggin' on grafton mesa dh?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Who's been diggin' on grafton mesa dh?

Just wondering if anyone knows who did all the digging on Grafton mesa? I think it was done on fri or sat of this week. Whoever did it buried many easy lines in order to create some more reasonably lame jumps to flat. I asked around and none of the locals here did it... ie the "Z-team". I'd like to find out who did it to walk it with them and show them why some of their work is worth keeping, and some just plain foolish... Nobody with a brain in their head digs in zion in the dust, most of the work done will just be piles of rocks in the middle of the trail when the rains come and wash all that dust away. I'm not the local trail police or anything, though I do have hundreds of hours digging on that trail so it can be ridden as a loop from rockville on yer average 5 inch bike. As it was, it was also the only beginner LEGAL dh trail in all of so.Utah... the one I could take newbies on and know by the bottom they would want to buy a dh bike!!! If it was to easy GO FASTER!!!!!! There are plenty of harder trails (both on and off the radar) in zion to be had.... find a local!!!!! AND plenty of places where there are killer jump lines... ever heard of the redbull ramage??? I'm done ranting and would appreciate any beta anyone might have.... I'd like to find out who did it before I just go and fix it. Getting in a "man-hour" war of build/repair/build/repair seems like a waist of everyones time...especially now the digging is going to be done on 100 degree heat. thanx all... happy trails!!!

land magnate
    I second that furrykid!
    live, love, learn, & balance gravitational alteration along the excursion!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    It wasn't me and I don't think any of the SLC crew that I know personally were down there messin' with ur trails. I actually stayed in SLC to ride for once. Bummer though and thanks for all of your efforts furrykid, love those trails!

NOT Team Sanchez
    That sucks dude, I rode up there a little over month ago and it was sick, in fact Team Sanchez is planning on heading up there this saturday.....don't know who messed with it, but I question your designation of that trail being a beginner trail, or maybe I wish I was more hardcore
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I haven't seen what's been redug yet but to add...... We have been warned in the past about building new/alternate lines at the bottom by the foundation that owns part of the bottom, the cemetary and out to grafton itself. They're cool if we stay cool, it's hard enough to keep the rogue locals reigned in.

Furry works hard up there.......

Please help us NOT lose our one good spot, spread the word!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I guess I mean beginner in relation to the monkey or the mondo zag and such. You know.... wrap 'em in plastic and send them out for a taste of what downhill bikes can be about, without leaving the lifetime scars on the body/psyche that a bad day on the monkey can bring..... Shout out when you ride it and let me know what you think.... sometimes I wonder if I'm just being the over protective parent.... happy trails

NOT Team Sanchez
    You'll have to take El C and I and whoever else dares down the Monkey sometime, but we're pretty certain we're going to ride Grafton this Saturday at about seven or so, if you'd like to come just pm myself of El C, thanks for your efforts up there, it's great.
    I like bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0