Who does the best bike fit?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who does the best bike fit?

I developed a bad case of ITBS after 24 hours of Moab, and the likely culprit is a bad bike fit. In an effort to keep that from happening again, I'm looking for a good one. Ideally I want someone who knows knee pain and what to look for. So can I get some recommendations on who does the the best fit? I'm in Utah county, but I'm willing to travel to get the job done right.

mtbr member
    Millcreek Cycles

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Although a bit out of Utah County, Tom Jow (spelling?) at Wild Rose is supposed to be top notch. He writes the tech articles in the back of Cycling Utah. He's a good guy who sets up the bikes for a few pro female roadie racers in town.
    Only problem is that he's a carpenter and only works at the Rose super part time. However, I want to say that he will travel and do a fit at your home.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    You may in fact need a better bike fit but I'm not sure I would attribute ITBS completely to that cause. It's really quite common with lots of different types of athletes and you can usually solve the issue with foam rolling, mobility work, and strengthening.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Google bike fit articles and you will see that many of them agree to within a few millimeters on most major measurements. Averaging the results of two or three techniques would get your fit very close to perfect and save you a few hundred bucks. Anyone that has a "special technique" that varies much from the norm and yields unusual measurements is likely ignoring some basic biomechanical principles.

Takin'er easy
    I would recommend a physical therapist who is certified in bicycle fitting, preferably one who has a long history with racers. I don't have any referrals here in Utah, but T.O.S.H. might be a good place to start looking. A good fit with a physical therapist will take more than an hour, and will probably cost more than $100. Moreso, it should kick your ass, physically. Good luck!

Ride and Smile
    Dharma has the equipment and expertise your looking for.

Waiting for Godot
    revolution bike shop. they have the whole system and ryan knows his stuff. worked great for me.
    Out riding, leave a message

Members who have read this thread: 0