White Rim in a day, WRIAD May 9, any takers?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

White Rim in a day, WRIAD May 9, any takers?

My wife and I (and maybe another couple from Atlanta Georgia) are planning to ride the White Rim Trail in a day on May 9th, 2009.

I've read a ton of posts, etc. and I appreciate all the work, effort, and time it took to put your thoughts into a usable format.

I'm not starting this thread to necessarily generate another round of advice. However, advice is always good, and I'll read every post and respond as well.

I'm curious if anyone else out there in mtbr-landia is planning the same or similar trip? We are hale from the Denver Metro area and will be sporting our ebay and craigslist (fs) Yeti's that we have grown to love.

Our general plan is to drive over Friday afternoon, camp, ride Saturday (all day), and return on Sunday.

Let us know if you have any thoughts of interest.

Thanks for reading.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I wanted to update my post a bit about why I'm looking for others that might be heading out on the same day. Mainly because we are lazy, and although we can do the 100 mile loop, we'd be just as happy to do the 80 miles and shuttle the pavement section.

So, if anyone is of similar (skip the pavement) opinion, and leaving on that day as well, we could work together to get a shuttle set up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by travelmannn
    I wanted to update my post a bit about why I'm looking for others that might be heading out on the same day. Mainly because we are lazy, and although we can do the 100 mile loop, we'd be just as happy to do the 80 miles and shuttle the pavement section.

So, if anyone is of similar (skip the pavement) opinion, and leaving on that day as well, we could work together to get a shuttle set up.
    look for posts on this - I don't know it well enough to tell you the route, but I have done it a few times: you can skip 90% of the pavement by "cutting the corner" on a bunch of dirt roads.

Members who have read this thread: 0