White Rim in a day Tire advice- Mtbr.com
    Rolling

White Rim in a day Tire advice

Anyone suggest tires for White Rim in a Day ride? Low Rolling resistance rubber?

I'm trying out these Python 2.0 over the weekend that I had stashed and maybe plan on getting some Kenda small block 8s to try that I hear are nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    What rims? May sound crazy, but personally I'd run 2.4 WTB MutanoRaptors in a ghetto tubeless setup. Most of my local race buddies have gone this route and say the extra width is actually faster and since they are sub 600g they aren't heavy. Nice in the sand too. Small for 2.4's but still a decent size tire. Lots of tire studies are showing that larger tires can actually be faster on most everything other than buff hardpack (assuming they aren't super heavy).

Hope the wind and rain stay away for your ride.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I agree with P- I'd ride the highest volume tire I could find that has small knobs and low weight. The smooth edges on the sandstone let you get away with really thin tires. tubeless should further reduce the pinch factor. You mention the SB-8, doesn't that come in a pretty wide version?

Kenda Cortez comes in a folding 2.4... approx. 600g for an extremely big tire. Rolls nicely, too.

JMH
    Last edited by JMH; 09-01-2007 at 07:07 AM.

mtbr member
    clean your bike!

user-created
    Last time I did it I had Gazzo 2.7's. Couldn't have been much more than 1400g per tire...

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider
    clean your bike!
    I clean bike is a time away from riding....and that dirt is a sign I have sufficient grease in my pivots--oozing out.

My understanding is the small block 8's are a true 2.35 width. Good news. Today I rode the pythons and were not that impressed. They worked in sand, but they were no faster than my weirwolf (front) and Kenday Kinetics (rear) that I normally ride--except on pavement, the pythons felt baby bottom smooth.

Members who have read this thread: 0