Where to stop?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Where to stop?

mtbr member

Where to stop?

Hello,
    I am going to Steamboat Springs Colorado from California and I was wondering where you guys would say a good town in Utah to stop for the night would be? Nothing ghetto please.
    Thanks,
    Michael

mtbr member
    Do you want to ride or do you just need a Hotel?

mtbr member
    Just a hotel in a nice area to crash for the night and the wife feels safe.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Just about anywhere would meet your needs. All the towns you will be driving through (I assume you will be going I-15 to I-70) are small, safe communities.

St. George is the biggest town and will have the best selection but it is just over the border. Cedar City is the next largest with a few good choices. Richfield area is decent size just past the I-15 to I-70 transition.

I would feel safe staying in almost any town along the route. The only sketchy places would be on the far outskirts of tiny towns.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The only 'high crime' areas in the entire state are located in relatively small goegraphical areas of Salt Lake City (Glendale, Rose Park, downtown Pioneer Park area) and isolated parts of West Valley City, South Salt Lake, Magna, Kearns, Midvale, and parts of Ogden. I put high crime in quotes because Utah doesn't really have any true 'high crime' areas. I am from the Los Angeles area and I'll tell you there is not a SINGLE neighborhood in the state of Utah I am afraid to venture into. Utah has very low crime rates. Where in Cal are you driving from? If northern I80 route stay in wendover where you can get a cheap room and do some gaming. If the southern I15 route, stay in st george or cedar where you can do a ride if you have your bikes. If you don't have your bikes you could always drive through a couple of the parks like zion, bryce, or cedar breaks for some incredible sight-seeing and/or great short day hikes. If you want to stay in the Salt Lake area, any of the hotels/ motels in the sandy/draper/ lehi area would be a great place to stay. I live in lehi and it is like mayberry around here ;0)

mtbr member
    Thank you everyone for the quick helpful responses

Members who have read this thread: 0