when is the end of the mtb season in Moab?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

when is the end of the mtb season in Moab?

Hi,

I was wondering what the weather is like in Moab in November? If favorable, do you have any suggestions on month-by-month apartment rentals? I searched around on google and I couldn't find a single apartment for rent in Moab.

Thanks.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Moab season normally ends around may when it gets to hot....

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    It is impossible to predict how long the riding season will last. There have been years when the lower trails were open all year, and the temps in December and January were almost always above freezing, and then there was last Winter, when the temps went into the teens the first week of December and stayed there until mid February.

You are pretty safe for November as long as you accept that it can be in the 20's over night and 40's during the day. Some wind and snow, but usually not tons. Thanksgiving last year was sunny and in the 50's. The best riding I did all year.

As for apartments, rentals in Moab are almost non-existent right now. Between the work on the new hospital, the bridge, and the tailings pile, there are tons of semi-permanent workers looking for housing. You could try one of the campgrounds that have cabins for rent. I know some of them will rent at least by the week. I think you still might be looking at a ton of money though.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the info honkinunit. It sounds like I should camp for a week in Moab, and then head south. Maybe to Sedona?

Where is a good place to get showers in Moab and how much are they? I was paying $5 during Outerbike, and that seemed like a lot.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happyriding
    Thanks for the info honkinunit. It sounds like I should camp for a week in Moab, and then head south. Maybe to Sedona?

Where is a good place to get showers in Moab and how much are they? I was paying $5 during Outerbike, and that seemed like a lot.
    Possibly Poison Spider or sneaking into one of the motel pools on the strip. Not sure if the Moab community pool would be open this late in the season.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Go on VRBO.com, and see if you can work out a deal with someone fro a monthly rental. Sometimes you can.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Go on VRBO.com, and see if you can work out a deal with someone fro a monthly rental. Sometimes you can.

Members who have read this thread: 0