Whats the Weather Like?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Whats the Weather Like?

Well the GF and I are heading out Thurs to see the Grand Canyon and Visit Bryce and Zion National parks.

We checked the weather and it looks like there will be scattered T-storms every day we're there. We're coming from Phoenix/Tucson. Is that similar to a Monsoon here? Usually they blow through at night here.

I was really hoping to try and find some time to ride Thunder Mountain and Gooseberry. I understand it gets a bit warm, but I'm hoping that wont bother me too much as I'm used to riding in 100+ degree weather anyway.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by sarcazmo
    Well the GF and I are heading out Thurs to see the Grand Canyon and Visit Bryce and Zion National parks.

We checked the weather and it looks like there will be scattered T-storms every day we're there. We're coming from Phoenix/Tucson. Is that similar to a Monsoon here? Usually they blow through at night here.

I was really hoping to try and find some time to ride Thunder Mountain and Gooseberry. I understand it gets a bit warm, but I'm hoping that wont bother me too much as I'm used to riding in 100+ degree weather anyway.
    Monsoons started last weekend. I was hiking Cassidy Canyon last Sunday and it was very dry and dusty. Rain should help knock it down. I would guess that Thunder Mtn would be around 10 degrees cooler that Gooseberry.

It seems like the Monsoons get hung up in the high country, and don't blow over as quickly as the Phoenix area seems to. Even if it's cloudy, you can have a great ride, just be careful of lightning exposure.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Members who have read this thread: 0