What's up with the 12th St. jumps in Ogden?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

What's up with the 12th St. jumps in Ogden?

I just found them....with the help of Google Earth. Anyway, they seem good to go. There's an 8-pack that seems like it hasn't been hit in a bit, but they're all good. Does anyone know if these jumps get hit up much? And if not, why the hell not? They look pretty fun. Who's land is it? Are the jumps legit? That area has some potential for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Wow. Nice find. I have no idea how the jumps are. Ask Jeremy at ogdmfg - he probably knows as he lives right there near the jumps...

another bozo on the bus

potentially blowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by powderho
    I just found them....with the help of Google Earth. Anyway, they seem good to go. There's an 8-pack that seems like it hasn't been hit in a bit, but they're all good. Does anyone know if these jumps get hit up much? And if not, why the hell not? They look pretty fun. Who's land is it? Are the jumps legit? That area has some potential for sure.
    You post pics and coordinates for everyone to see before knowing the particulars. I would advise removing at least the coodinates. Loose lips sink ships.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup
    You post pics and coordinates for everyone to see before knowing the particulars. I would advise removing at least the coodinates. Loose lips sink ships.

Yah, maybe.....but as it turns out (according to the few random kids I've talked to), it's all good. Apparently, nobody is into them though. They definitely went off last spring, but there hasn't been anyone else there since I found them a week ago. That is, except for some paint-ballers. Damn, they make a mess! Anyway, the jumps (at least the 7-pack) are good to go. Day 1 I brought my big-bike and only made the first 5. Day 2 (today) I brought my Vagrant and cleaned the line. It's sort of tricky, but I'm sort of rusty. I decided they are the perfect size. They are pretty scary...until you jump them. I've been hitting them by myself, but I'd rather not. Wear are all the dirt jumpers in Ogden? I bet someone has a fat backyard that's going off around here.

another bozo on the bus
    Most people dont care if they blow up the spot if they didnt build it. Where I come from it is bad etiquette to make trails public knowledge. Everyone knows how to make them better and it will be just a matter of time before some idiot sees this thread shows up there and thinks the jumps would be better if the lips were just 6 inches shorter. But then again, I dont come from Ogden.

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup
    I dont come from Ogden.
    So what are you doing in the Utah forum and why do you care? And why are you presuming so much from afar? Maybe someone will read this and will start to ride this abandoned area, make the lips better, give the area some love, give Powderho someone to ride with. Who the hell knows. If you were from Ogden and have ridden there before, I could see your point. But I guess someone has to be the internet police. That's fun!

another bozo on the bus
    first post

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I went out and scoped the jumps after work (without my bike).

I swear I saw a civic with a blue vagrant on the top on the way back, that wouldn't be you would it powderho? Was around 4:30 today.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    I went out and scoped the jumps after work (without my bike).

I swear I saw a civic with a blue vagrant on the top on the way back, that wouldn't be you would it powderho? Was around 4:30 today.
    Yup, that was me. I flatted and had to get out of there. There must be a bunch of thorns up there. No worries, I just need some slime. Looks like it's time to DIG!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by powderho
    Yup, that was me. I flatted and had to get out of there. There must be a bunch of thorns up there. No worries, I just need some slime. Looks like it's time to DIG!
    Yes sir. This rain should make for some good digging. Let me know when you are headed out there.

I'm pretty new to DJ's but I'm excited to have some decent ones around so I can learn. I ride a Bottlerocket but I just picked up a DMR sidekick frame that I'm in the process of building now.

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005
    Let me know too. I live about 5 minutes from there. I'm a horrible jumper, but want to learn. send me a PM.
    Last edited by CSMsi311; 09-25-2007 at 07:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hey, im new to ogden and i ride dirt jump, lookin for someone to kill it with, hate to ride alone. hit me up if ya wanna ride

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hello 2007!

They have a face book page that is updated often...

edit: 12th street trails has a FB
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

Members who have read this thread: 0