What's Rideable?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

What's Rideable?

Hey all, I'm wanting to do some long riding this weekend and wondering what trails are rideable.

Shoreline from Emigration to City Creek should be good.

Does anyone know what condition the following are in...

. . . . Mueller Park?
    . . . . Mormon Trail?
    .. . . . Pipeline?
    . . . . .Quarry Trail?
    . . . . .Upper Corner Canyon?

Thanks for the feedback!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme4dk
    Hey all, I'm wanting to do some long riding this weekend and wondering what trails are rideable.

Shoreline from Emigration to City Creek should be good.

Does anyone know what condition the following are in...

. . . . Mueller Park?
    . . . . Mormon Trail?
    .. . . . Pipeline?
    . . . . .Quarry Trail?
    . . . . .Upper Corner Canyon?

Thanks for the feedback!

I can tell you absolutely no way on Mueller or Mormon...both north facing so they're not going to dry out for a long time. Corner could be OK? Havent' been down taht way in a long time. Pipeline...possible but likely still muddy, same w/ Quarry. I rode up at I Street last night and it was golden. So Shoreline should be great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    My thinking is the same on Mueller and Mormon and Quarry. Was hoping for a miracle.

Shoreline should be great. Lower Corner Canyon will also be great (rode it last Saturday) but I didn't venture to the higher elevations.

Pipeline I'm not sure about. If I don't hear I'm going to check it out tonight.

mtbr member
    Any Loganites want to report?

mtbr member
    I had an oppotunity to ride around my block. There were some muddy patches due to construction, I just bunny-hopped 'em. Should be clear by this weekend. Let me know if you need directions.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I rode lambert park today and it's perfect. I did a short section of Pipeline yesterday and it's pretty good. I went up Rattlesnake Gulch, out the the point and then back east a few miles. i had just picked my bike up from a shop and only had an hour to ride. I didn't get that far east though. But it wasn't bad. A few puddles and a bit of snow.

mtbr member
    I just moved to Draper a couple months ago, I was planning on riding over the bench down into Lambert Park. I have never done it. Does anyone know if that is a good ride and if it is rideable for this weekend?

Park City, Utah
    Jun 2005

Shoreline is great

I've been on Shoreline the last 2 days, from the Zoo, up Dry Creek, to the top of Bobsled. It's all dry, with the exception of several creek crossings heading up Dry Creek.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

upper corner cyn

I rode up from equestrian center up the double/singletrack up to the upper road and then on east up to top of Jacobs ladder on Mon. They've done alot of heavy equipment work between Hog's Hollow and top of Jacob's ladder--totally TRASHED the jeep road that rides up to the top of jacob's ladder. I'd ride up to the road, down the road the top of the singletrack loop and back down. If you need a longer ride then cont west on BST out to hang glider port and back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by utahposer
    I rode up from equestrian center up the double/singletrack up to the upper road and then on east up to top of Jacobs ladder on Mon. They've done alot of heavy equipment work between Hog's Hollow and top of Jacob's ladder--totally TRASHED the jeep road that rides up to the top of jacob's ladder. I'd ride up to the road, down the road the top of the singletrack loop and back down. If you need a longer ride then cont west on BST out to hang glider port and back.
    Where does the BST continue west to the glider port? I've ridden the new section where it crosses the main Corner Canyon road and heads down toward the creek bottom, but I didn't realize it had built all the way out to the glider port. Can you give details?

Lambert Park is excellent! Tight, twisty singletrack without a lot of elevation gain. It should be nice and dry and very rideable right now.

Planning on doing BST emigration to city creek and back and then riding south and spending some time in corner canyon. Was wondering what I could play on in between.

That's too bad about the upper corner canyon area. Hopefully they redeem themselves by making miles of quality singletrack for us to enjoy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme4dk
    Where does the BST continue west to the glider port? I've ridden the new section where it crosses the main Corner Canyon road and heads down toward the creek bottom, but I didn't realize it had built all the way out to the glider port. Can you give details?
    Ed, I've got us covered on this one. There's some pretty fun trails out there that I was telling Tom about the other night when we were riding in CC. Easy to get to....just past the new Temple lot.

mtbr member
    anybody thinking of riding the draper area this saturday morning. the weather is looking wet but if that changes I wanted to get a ride in around 8am. I appreciate all the rideability reports but unfortunately it was all greek. I just moved here, I dont know corner canyon, jacobs ladder etc. I live right off of Traverse ridge road across from the new Montreux neighborhood. Might be nice to follow some locals to get to know the trails. I am far from conditioned but I used to ride for the Fort Lewis College team in Durango and I'm anxious to get back into good form, just need a little direction. thanks

If not tomorrow, keep me in mind in the future.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Shoreline (emigration to city creek and beyond) is excellent!!! This morning was my favorite ride ever up there. Everything is dry except Dry Creek -- several stream crossings and really cool to be riding along side a good size "creek". Wet, bu tno mud to speak of. Hit this one before the storm rolls in tonight!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Draper BST

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantGorgon
    anybody thinking of riding the draper area this saturday morning. the weather is looking wet but if that changes I wanted to get a ride in around 8am. I appreciate all the rideability reports but unfortunately it was all greek. I just moved here, I dont know corner canyon, jacobs ladder etc. I live right off of Traverse ridge road across from the new Montreux neighborhood. Might be nice to follow some locals to get to know the trails. I am far from conditioned but I used to ride for the Fort Lewis College team in Durango and I'm anxious to get back into good form, just need a little direction. thanks

If not tomorrow, keep me in mind in the future.
    Howdy -

I live down off of Highland drive and Town Center drive. I have lived in Draper for about 7 months. Right in the general area by your house there are 3 trailheads. One across from the Draper pool on Vestry, one that drops down from off of Traverse and Mike Weir and the "Red Rock" trailhead on Mike Weir just south of the S Mountain Golf club club house.

The trail by the pool is called the Oak Hollow trail. It runs up to Traverse and Mike Weir. You will come to a large drain pipe as the first decision point. If you continue on and run down the gully (north west ~ish) you will wind around and pop out on Mike Weir. If you go through the drain pipe you will come out the other side of Traverse road. If you follow that trail generally South you will end up out at the point of the mountain hanglider park. If you followed the trail to Mike Weir then cross Mike Weir and there are sign indicating the BST. That trails gernerally parallels Mike Weir.

I usually ride from my house to the Draper pool and go up the Oak Hollow Trail, under Traverse and out to the flight park and back. That is about 8.5 miles. As my conditioning gets better I plan to go from my house out to the point and back down to Mike Weir, out Mike Weir to a trailhead in cul-de-sac called Coyote Hollow Ct. (Mike Weir, R on Pinon Hill, R on Canyon View, L on Grey Fox, R on Coyote Hollow) which runs down Corner Canyon to the Rodeo grounds and back to my house.

Send me a PM if you want to hook up.
    -T

mtbr member
    Thanks T,
    That was very helpful, Tomorow morning is looking a bit too wet. Will PM you next time I get out. Do the same.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I work from home so I'll probbaly sneak out here in the next hour or so... otherwise maybe next week.

Members who have read this thread: 0