What's good in the Salt Lake area now?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What's good in the Salt Lake area now?

I am heading down to Salt Lake City from Logan for spring break next week and would love to ride while down there. What is open now? How are trail conditions for what is available now?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Lots of Good stuff in slc Right now

The Beer is Good. The Skiing is good, but its going to be a few weeks before you can bike any trails. Bring your road bike.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    The BST in Draper is in excellent shape. Rode it yesterday and 99% of the trail is dry and snow free.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Draper BST?

What part of the BST is dry? Are you talking about North of the upper road? or heading south towards the glider park?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Okay, thanks. Truth is I am taking a friend out for his first ride so I was actually thinking about Antelope Island. Is this a good idea? I want to make a good first impression on him. Any more suggestions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utahposer
    What part of the BST is dry? Are you talking about North of the upper road? or heading south towards the glider park?
    Thanks.
    from the equestrian center heading north toward Sandy.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnozpikr
    Okay, thanks. Truth is I am taking a friend out for his first ride so I was actually thinking about Antelope Island. Is this a good idea? I want to make a good first impression on him. Any more suggestions?

1st ride ever or 1st ride in Utah? Antelope Island might not be the best choice for a 1st ever mtb ride.

mtbr member
    Yes, it is his first ride ever. Any suggestions at what would be good at this time of the year?

mtbr member
    I plan on heading out to Antelope Island on Wednesday the 11th and was wondering if anybody knows of the trail conditions out there. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    this guy was there last week. [URL="http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=495508"]
    It should have only gotten better since. It has been nice and toasty in ogden. Granted we are suppose to get a load of snow tomorrow and that might mess things up.
    I think antelope island is a great place for beginners. I road all the trails out there when I was in Jr High just fine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by utahposer
    Thanks.
    Word is almost all of Draper BST to the N is dry as well as the lower Corner Canyon stuff. Clarks, Jacobs and Ghost Falls are a no go and will be for a while. And that could all change with this next storm....

I think we should go back
    Nov 2008
    Why does it half to snow???? really... I am sick of winter. Well if it doesnt snow I am going to go check out BST

Waiting for Godot
    snow everywhere.......
    Out riding, leave a message

mtbr member
    Well, it turns out that it even snowed out on Antelope Island, so this trip tomorrow may not happen. Despite the weather we got yesterday, is there anything in the area in good enough condition to ride?

I think we should go back
    Nov 2008
    Anyone know when temple quary will be ride-able?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Ride the fireroad in bountiful to farmingotn along the side of the mountain. There is some singletrack and road mix.

...a wiggle theres a way
    Quote Originally Posted by drain bamage
    Anyone know when temple quary will be ride-able?
    my guess is probably another 3 to 4 weeks - the lower portions maybe rideable sooner but the upper part (last mile or so til the top) turns into a bit of a river during the snow

joe

Members who have read this thread: 0