What's good to ride tomorrow around SLC?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What's good to ride tomorrow around SLC?

My wife and I are in SLC for the week and have already ridden Flying Dog from the Jeremy School. We also rode around Corner Canyon yesterday. We took the day off today since it rained.

Does anyone have any recommendations for riding tomorrow and Friday? We're just not sure of how the trails fair after the amount of rain it got here.

mtbr member
    Depends on what type of riding you are looking for, but Lambert Park is usually decent after a storm because is the soil is mostly tiny gravel/sand. Great trial resource: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you will suck forever.

mtbr member
    I've used the website extensively for our trip so far. We're both decent riders and enjoyed the trails mentioned above. Would the BST just north of the city from City Creek trailhead be rideable?

mtbr member
    Not much help to you there. I've never been on that section of the BST, but Little Cottonwood Creek Trail would be rideable.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you will suck forever.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bond007jms
    Not much help to you there. I've never been on that section of the BST, but Little Cottonwood Creek Trail would be rideable.
    sweet, it's another option for us as well.

mtbr member
    Wow, Lambert looks like a crazy place to get lost

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpjuice
    Wow, Lambert looks like a crazy place to get lost
    I would bet most of the shoreline would be ok ... the LCC trail is very short, although it certainly rides well after a rain.

2 more close options, probably both best if you can wait till tomorrow:

pipeline in millcreek and the mormon pioneer trail in East canyon. they are both (basically) out and backs, but they are close to the valley and pretty good.

that basically rounds out the close to SLC trails right now, too much snow up high.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpjuice
    My wife and I are in SLC for the week and have already ridden Flying Dog from the Jeremy School. We also rode around Corner Canyon yesterday. We took the day off today since it rained.

Does anyone have any recommendations for riding tomorrow and Friday? We're just not sure of how the trails fair after the amount of rain it got here.
    If you don't mind a bit of driving Stansbury Island might be worth a look, fun trail and some different views out there of the lake, I've never been out there in the fall so no idea what kind of shape it might be in. Not sure how much rain other areas got but what we got in Holladay wouldn't have been enough to do more than just help out with keeping the dust on the trail down. I would think BST (maybe a Zoo or Dry Creek to Bobsled lap) would be in great shape unless they got way more rain.

Here's a couple pics from Stansbury in the spring:

Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    We ended up riding through the city from our hotel parking garage up to city creek trailhead and then up to Bobsled. It was f-in sick!! The trail was in great shape... well, except for the cars in the middle of the trail.

mtbr member
    One more day... where to ride, where to ride?

Props to the people who climb some of this stuff out here 4 days of Northern Utah riding has definately tested my climbing chops.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    I rode Stansbury last Friday - it looks like it hasn't been riden much since this past Spring, it is still fun to ride. Totally different than anything else around the SLC area, plus - love the views. Do it as an out and back - don't do it as a loop! I hate riding those roads with cows and Salt trucks!

Members who have read this thread: 0