Whats the best XC race in salt lake/park city?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Whats the best XC race in salt lake/park city?

Hey guys, im from california and i am planning a family trip to salt lake next year but i also want to plan this around a bike race, so my question is whats the best XC race?

I am not looking for a crazy 100 miles endurance race. Something like 20-40 miles would be good, with good aid stations and mostly singletrack.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Too many to list

Quote Originally Posted by montross View Post
    Hey guys, im from california and i am planning a family trip to salt lake next year but i also want to plan this around a bike race, so my question is whats the best XC race?

I am not looking for a crazy 100 miles endurance race. Something like 20-40 miles would be good, with good aid stations and mostly singletrack.

Thanks!
    2014 Events | Utah State Championship Series

That series puts on a couple great 50 milers. One in spring and one in fall. Both are excellent.

Intermountain Cup

The Icup is Utah's main weekend XC race series. All the races are good and everyone has their personal fav courses. Mine are as follows.

1. Catus Hugger. The last few years this has been held in the same place as the first race of the year the Desert Rampage. I like this both but the Cactus hugger is a little more technical and a little more fun. These are in ST George not slc and both early spring.

2. Solitide. Great race course and just a great place to ride in july. They used to take the race up a singletrack called Serenity. Its on my best of state list for sure. The last few years the race has climbed a series of service roads. It works better for the race because it allows passing, but I would rather ride the trail.

I could go on and on but I have to work in the morning. Someone will take over from here I am sure
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me