what trails to ride in Park City- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

what trails to ride in Park City

will be in Park City for the Endurance 12hr race for 4 days. What other trails should I hit for an epic fun ride since Im in town?????

2 wheel drifter
    I lived there last summer and still miss it.

One of the more epic rides I did was the bald mt. loop from kimball junction by way of the synderville basin trails.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/

cant quite recall milage but it was hard. Then again I did it on my vpfree. bonus there is also the option of hitting the moose trail off the top above parleys although that adds to the climbing as it dumps you out on the opposite side of parleys from park city.

Bus service is pretty regular and free from park city to kimball junction or if your really serious you could take the mid mountain trail from park city and then drop down to the 224 and then connect over to the snyderville basin trails.

Other recomendations from park city are heading up spiro to the crest (if its open) and then drop down mill D, back up to dog lake and then hook up with the crest again before dropping down to all the way to the bottom at the 224 and taking the bus to park city or turning at mid-mountain and taking the trail back. Few more people over in that neck of the woods though so have a bell and a bear bell if your really ripping.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

races cancelled?

I've heard that the "E" endurance race series in PC is cancelled this year. The 10 hour at the Canyons and 12 hour at Sundance is still on as far as I know. I'd double check on all of this before you book any final plans.

As far as riding goes, pick up a map at a local shop, climb Spiro or Johns and have at it. The Crest trail between Park City and the Canyons is certainly a classic.

Bend, OR
    Yeah, no more E100 events this year unless someone steps in to organize them in Boris' place. Bummer.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=416840

Anyone know the date of 12hours Sundance?

nevermind its September 13

Grizzly
    Anyone who still wants to get their suffering on, and get a taste of the fast growing "unsupported" races go and check out:

http://wasatchclassic.blogspot.com

90 miles. 20k of vertical. Lots of epic singletrack.

No aid stations, no drops or caches, no support. No fee, no prizes.

Tons of fun.
    GrizzlyAdam.net
    Read my book
    Follow me on Twitter

"The only thing better than solitude, is society."

~Ed Abbey

Members who have read this thread: 0