What, if any, SW Utah trails are rideable after a little rain?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What, if any, SW Utah trails are rideable after a little rain?

I will be in Hurricane from the 6th till the 10th of April and the 15 day forecast is warning of "A couple of p.m. t-showers" on the 6th and "Mainly cloudy with a shower" on the 7th. So it doesn't seem like significant rain after a couple dry weeks, but I wanted to make sure I knew which trails would be okay to ride.

I will definitely not be doing anything with significant dirt road driving to the trailhead for fear of getting stuck so trails like Gooseberry, Little Creek and Guacamole are probably not good.

I was hoping to do Slickrock Swamp and JEM. Do either of those trails take a little rain well? Are there any other trails in the area that are better to ride after a few showers?

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mountain_biker
    I will be in Hurricane from the 6th till the 10th of April and the 15 day forecast is warning of "A couple of p.m. t-showers" on the 6th and "Mainly cloudy with a shower" on the 7th. So it doesn't seem like significant rain after a couple dry weeks, but I wanted to make sure I knew which trails would be okay to ride.

I will definitely not be doing anything with significant dirt road driving to the trailhead for fear of getting stuck so trails like Gooseberry, Little Creek and Guacamole are probably not good.

I was hoping to do Slickrock Swamp and JEM. Do either of those trails take a little rain well? Are there any other trails in the area that are better to ride after a few showers?
    Slickrock swamp is prob your best bet... followed by church rock area is its not too much rain gem can be ok but if its alot it can get ugly

always swing by the shop in hurricane and we can give yah beta

15 day forecast can be unreliable to say the least

Dave
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Slickrock swamp is prob your best bet... followed by church rock area is its not too much rain gem can be ok but if its alot it can get ugly

always swing by the shop in hurricane and we can give yah beta

15 day forecast can be unreliable to say the least

Dave
    Thanks for the advice.

I also don't trust the 15 day forecast, and really hope that it is wrong. It just made me realize that there was the possibility of rain during our trip.

We'll stick to Slickrock Swamp and Prospector/Church Rocks then if the rain does come down.

Any other spots I should plan for? I am getting all the guides and GPS tracks organized so we don't get ourselves lost out there. Was thinking Zen, Anasazi and Paradise Canyon as some other options.

I'd rather be biking...
    paradise and pioneer rim are great when the weather gets gray.

mtbr member
    Anasazi and Barrel Roll can take a bit of water too.....
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mountain_biker
    Thanks for the advice.

I also don't trust the 15 day forecast, and really hope that it is wrong. It just made me realize that there was the possibility of rain during our trip.

We'll stick to Slickrock Swamp and Prospector/Church Rocks then if the rain does come down.

Any other spots I should plan for? I am getting all the guides and GPS tracks organized so we don't get ourselves lost out there. Was thinking Zen, Anasazi and Paradise Canyon as some other options.

Yup tose would work well as well
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Members who have read this thread: 0