What The?!!?- Mtbr.com

Thread: What The?!!?

Fartographer

What The?!!?

I just got to Salt Lake and it's snowing. What kind of crap is that?!
    Back of the camera, back of the pack.

I ride with tools

Ummmm....?

Wet white crap that keeps the trails closed?

I Just Ride....
    It's called early spring in Utah John!
    Welcome!

Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Yuh. I'm a bike messenger at lunch right now and am very. very. very. pissed.

Was expecting 55 and light rain...Came to work all dressed wrong.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    71 and rode Bobsled under sunny skies yesterday. Snowing at a good clip today!

Grab you're snowboards, it's time for one last run of the season!

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    yeah i knew that something was coming so i got out and rode bobsled yesterday too to get my fix before the bad weather. what realy sucked is i rode my bike to class this morning in shorts when it was 50, then it starts snowing, now that sucked.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    You planning on riding this weekend John? Stansbury Island might be good to go and potentially BST/Bobsled if things warm up/dry up a bit. I plan on finding someplace to ride, gotta get ready for FFTF next weekend.

EDIT: Dude, was just checking out the Roll Call updates and noticed you pulled the move back to UT, welcome back from all us Utards. I think the snow is a mandatory greeting, I still shudder at the thought of coming down Parleys in a full on blizzard with a Uhaul containing everything we owned and my car in tow. All the rider/photogs will have to get together for some riding sometime in the future.
    Last edited by catch22; 04-18-2007 at 10:46 PM.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Bend, OR
    Yeah, this place blows.

I Just Ride....

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    All the rider/photogs will have to get together for some riding sometime in the future.
    There's been talk of doing a gathering with that in mind, but it hasn't gotten anywhere..

It would be fun!
    We should do it here! There hasn't been one here in a while!
    What say thee, my mtb/photog amigos!
    Brian
    My MTBR Gallery
    From a Zen proverb

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    There's been talk of doing a gathering with that in mind, but it hasn't gotten anywhere..

It would be fun!
    We should do it here! There hasn't been one here in a while!
    What say thee, my mtb/photog amigos!
    Brian
    I'd be down with that, though I'm more of a wannabe photographer that just takes a lot of pictures than a polished photographer.

I Just Ride....
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    I'd be down with that, though I'm more of a wannabe photographer that just takes a lot of pictures than a polished photographer.
    I just PM'd the guy I mentioned about doing a Photo/mtb gathering, so we'll see what happens.
    There hasn't been a gathering from here in Utah for five or six years, so we're due!
    Brian
    My MTBR Gallery
    From a Zen proverb

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Snowbird was sweet this morning, one last powder day. Anyone else get up there?

Andykiller

Same Old SLC Crap Weather

Dudes, this kind of late snow storm is why I moved out of SLC. Just when you are most tired of the cold and the snow and the shivering and the scraping ice off your windshield, when you are most deseprate for warm weather, when you really want to see a girl in a bikini rather than jeans and a coat . . . then it snows in April.

The bottom line is that when you hit February, plan on at least two more months of shizzy weather or maybe 3.

People believe that SLC is "This is the Place" as Brigham Young said. And they also think that it is Zion. Once you get out of SLC you realize just how crappy the climate is. The only good about it is that the skiing stays good and generally some of the best snow falls in late spring. However, after a while even the good skiing gets old when it is cold down in the valley. Nothing worse than pasty white skin after a long winter.

Get out while you can.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andykiller
    Dudes, this kind of late snow storm is why I moved out of SLC. Just when you are most tired of the cold and the snow and the shivering and the scraping ice off your windshield, when you are most deseprate for warm weather, when you really want to see a girl in a bikini rather than jeans and a coat . . . then it snows in April.

The bottom line is that when you hit February, plan on at least two more months of shizzy weather or maybe 3.

People believe that SLC is "This is the Place" as Brigham Young said. And they also think that it is Zion. Once you get out of SLC you realize just how crappy the climate is. The only good about it is that the skiing stays good and generally some of the best snow falls in late spring. However, after a while even the good skiing gets old when it is cold down in the valley. Nothing worse than pasty white skin after a long winter.

Get out while you can.
    Who built a sandcastle in your vagina? Mid to late spring is usually awesome around here.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

Dr. Pepper drinker

Get out while you can.
    Dude, you need to spend a few years in the midwest, then you'll have a nice understanding of a craptastic climate. SLC climate is great in my book.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Bobsled tonight! 6.45 pm at the top of the pavement...

JMH

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Bobsled tonight! 6.45 pm at the top of the pavement...

JMH
    So, how was it?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Didn't see this post. I was up at the dirt jumps until a little after 4:00. Rode Bobsled on Monday for the first time, oh what fun...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Rode BST, Dry Creek to Bobsled today. It's good, really good. The new entrance was wet but packed in well. I haven't ridden bobsled in a while. Whoever has been "maintaining" the trail has sure earned my respect. Nice work

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Dude, this kind of late snow storm is why I moved TO SLC. Shred the pow one day (sidenote why are so many mountain bikers knuckledraggers?), ride buff tacky trails in the valley the next. SLC has one of the nicest climates anywhere, 300+ days of sunshine, you don't have any clue what you're complaining about Andy. Sorry for your loss of perspective.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    summit, i have found the opposite, it seems to me most mtbers are two plankers, us knuckledraggers tend to be skaters, except for me and a few others.

goo
    Mar 2006
    I agree with aj out of all my (bike) riding friends, including phatfreeheeler, I am the only one whe rides down the snow sideways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aj_gilbs
    summit, i have found the opposite, it seems to me most mtbers are two plankers, us knuckledraggers tend to be skaters, except for me and a few others.
    funny. I think the stronger correlation I've noticed is most of my DH/FR buddies are snowboarders, while most of the skiers I know turn into XC dorks in summer There are a few who cross over ski/DH mtb like me, but in my experience more DH'rs are snowboarders in winter...

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    i think its changing but it used to be like that, like richie schley is a freeskier (just as a pro example) and all the dh/freride guys i know, except for a couple, are skiers, but like i said it think its changing, but hey who cares now? We're all on bikes for the next 5-6 months.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I think you all are trying too hard to find a correlation. I hang out with quite a crew of DH/FR riders in Utah and it's about 50/50. Personally, I like all forms of riding. On snow and dirt. (I do mostly tele in winter just because it's smooth and challenging) The XC and even road riding keeps me fit, so I can climb fast on my big bike. Nothing worse than whiny big bike owners that complain about every climb

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    funny. I think the stronger correlation I've noticed is most of my DH/FR buddies are snowboarders, while most of the skiers I know turn into XC dorks in summer There are a few who cross over ski/DH mtb like me, but in my experience more DH'rs are snowboarders in winter...

Members who have read this thread: 0