WCT/Mill Creek full loop- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

WCT/Mill Creek full loop

I showed up at Einstiens on July 8 for the ride. Too bad no one else could make it. It turned out to be a pretty good day.

The climbing wasn't as difficult as I expected. I took a short break at Solitude. There is a small shop in the plaza that has water and snacks. I felt really good on the climb up Guardsman Pass. I missed the trailhead for WCT. I rode all the way up to Jupiter Bowl and descended back down to the road up to WCT. At that point, I didn't have the legs or desire to ride puke hill. The descent was great.

I started to get fatigued at the jagged spine. I took another food break and waited for a couple guys I had passed just before the spine. I needed to get some directions for entering Mill Creek. I took off solo after getting some directions. However, when I came to the fork in the trail at Mill Creek I decided to wait for them.

I rode with them all the way down Mill Creek. We did lower Pipeline and Rattlesnake Gulch. It was an awesome way to finish a good days ride.

Thanks to Michael and Anthony for showing me the way. It was only about 50 miles total.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

So....

did you mtb it or 'cross it?

I'd be interested in your impressions of the trail, as it compares to last time you were on it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alibi
    did you mtb it or 'cross it?

MTB. I definitely don't have the cross skills to handle a trail like that. I would be too concerned about damaging my cross bike. However, there were only a few short sections that my FS was useful. The Mill Creek trails are more suitable for a cross bike.

I'd be interested in your impressions of the trail, as it compares to last time you were on it.
    This was my first time riding a mtb in Utah. I wasn't looking for any serious challenges. I just wanted to relax and enjoy riding my bike for a few hours. That is exactly what I got. Finishing it off with Mill Creek, Pipeline and Rattlesnake Gulch was the perfect ending.