Way home from Moab west to NorCal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Way home from Moab west to NorCal

Three days in Moab then back home. If you could ride ONE trail 15 miles or so in Utah west north west of Moab....80 or 50 route

Been to Moab a few times and never rode anywhere else in UT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Not much in between the two locations. I'd probably do Good Water Rim, just west of Moab, or Corner Canyon, south of Salt Lake City. Hurricane/St. George has really good riding, but is not on your way home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rippling over canyons View Post
    Not much in between the two locations. I'd probably do Good Water Rim, just west of Moab, or Corner Canyon, south of Salt Lake City. Hurricane/St. George has really good riding, but is not on your way home.
    I could go south through Vegas...

mtbr member
    My votes would be for:

1. Thunder Mountain (road/doubletrack up unless you are shuttled, views you won't forget)
    2. Gooseberry (Classic)
    3. Little Creek (Lots of route/loop options)
    4. Zen (twice or combined with Barrel)
    5. Goulds/Jem/Hurricane Rim loop (longer than 15 miles, but less technical and more flow for the miles. 15 miles on Gooseberry or Little creek will be more work than 20 on Jem)
    6. Eagle Mountain (Not a destination area, but fun stuff and lots of options to get you 15 miles. Keeps you more on track towards No Cal than the others)

Not necessarily in that order....just suggestions
    2016 Stumpy 29er

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Big winter and a very wet spring so we're getting a really late start in northern Utah this year. A couple of the funner downhill only trails have opened in Corner Canyon to make it worth a stop, but that doesn't compare to riding Gooseberry if you're from NorCal. Gooseberry would be my suggestion and is on par quality wise with the best trails in Moab. Worth the extra couple of hours of driving and heading home through Vegas. Otherwise, Corner Canyon if you just want something that is on the way and will provide a fun diversion from the drive for an hour or two. I'd say CC is on par with Soquel Demo Forest in terms of quality - maybe a bit more fun even, but not nearly as scenic and often way more crowded. Be sure to factor in trail conditions as well - rain events yesterday and today might sway your decision if you're riding today or tomorrow. By Thursday and Friday, things will hopefully be dry in either direction.