Wasatch trail conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Wasatch trail conditions

What's the word on upper elevation trails after our little snow event last week? I'm guessing PC Mid Mountain is clear, as well as Flying Dog/Glenwild. Am I crazy to think the Crest is clear and not muddy? Can you ride up to the Shadow Lake area in PC?

Hmm...maybe I have lost the plot..those pics of Dog Lake sure look pretty snowy.

lots of questions...thanks for any info
    Last edited by slcpunk; 10-16-2008 at 03:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Not sure about Mid MTn, but FD/Glenwild looked like it didnt get any snow at all (I was there on Sunday PM). I would imagine Crest isnt rideable.

mtbr member
    I just rode spin cycle in DV and most the shaded, North facing parts were snow covered. I was surprised as it's been warm for the last couple days. Elevation of this trail is all less than 8,000ft. It wasn't deep and was easily rideable. MM shouldn't be a problem, but expect snow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks all. Decided to head to Fruita for weekend instead. I hate fighting the snow/mud line. Hopefully it will continue to melt, and be good for another week...maybe...at least the low stuff in PC/DV and Glenwild.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Rode MM in Park City yesterday, tacky and nice. Anyone get on crest?

...a wiggle theres a way
    got on the crest today and for the most part it was dry, (few spots of uber gooey mud) but nothing that was to bad, i think it maybe my last ride of the season since its suppose to get cold over the next 24 hours

joe

happy trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Crest through Mill D is fine

Rode it on Sunday, from above Guardsmens, that Lookout Peak area facing Heber. A few muddy spots but there hasn't been any rain/snow since Sunday. Mill D was great. Mid day the temps should be fine this weekend. One guy went UP Murdock, along the Crest and he reported it fine. Course it might be 80 in St. Geo this weekend..

stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008
    rode Crest to MIll D today and it was sweeeeeet! Dirt is very good and no snow or mud. If you want to ride it, now is the time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    My biking buddy Brian did a first lap /Crest/Mill D and started at 9am from the top, a bit nippy. He was so excited he did another lap with us on the late shift at 11am. Trail is rock solid, great to see golden leaves fluttering in the skies. Might hold til a weather bump around Thursday..

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Rode from Solitude to Crest trailhead and down to Mill D - perfect conditions.

Today I did Mill D to Dog Lake, down to Millcreek and back to Mill D - again - great.

Members who have read this thread: 0