wasatch shuttle Sunday 9/6?- Mtbr.com
    Devil Mtn

wasatch shuttle Sunday 9/6?

I'm going to be in Park City this weekend and have heard about a 20+ mile shuttled route along the wasatch crest. I'm solo and only in town for a couple days so ... anybody up for a shuttle run?

I'll have a car and my 6" bike with me. I'd rather not pedal the whole route if possible since I'm a sea level dweller ...

I'd also be willing to pay for shuttle service if that exists for that trail, though I suspect that's unlikely. Stoked to ride this trail!

Ride and Smile
    One can grab the free bus to Silver Lake lodge at upper Deer Valley and jump on the Mid Mountain trail. Ride to Park City and do a much shorter climb up to the ridge. Then ride out to Canyons for a totally awesome descent and jump back on the bus or pedal a few rode miles. Busses are free and can take bikes. I ride it this way often and it's great. Cuts the 3K+ of climbing easily in half. I won't be in town this weekend so can't show you.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    There is a shuttle service for the Wasatch Crest by a company of the same name. I've only used them for lift service at the Bountiful Bomber a couple of years ago, but the guy that runs it is pretty cool.

If you're heading out Sunday to the Crest be prepared for lots of trail runners, jackarses riding really slow with their Ipods turned up loud and lots of richard smokers with flat tires who will stare at you with those lost, Michael Bolton puppy dog eyes, because they've ventured beyond their car without a spare tube or even a tire lever or pump. You can spot them in their fluffy white t-shirts tucked into their black lycra shorts with running shoes and those ankle breaker toe straps. They're usually littered about 20 feet beyond any somewhat rocky section of trail.

20 miles of shuttle service doesn't seem too feasible if you're not willing to pedal. The longest route a group of us could put together on a variation of what we've dubbed 'The Humdinger' with zero climbing up there fell within 14 miles-and that was being very creative.

Good luck.

Devil Mtn
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    There is a shuttle service for the Wasatch Crest by a company of the same name. I've only used them for lift service at the Bountiful Bomber a couple of years ago, but the guy that runs it is pretty cool.

If you're heading out Sunday to the Crest be prepared for lots of trail runners, jackarses riding really slow with their Ipods turned up loud and lots of richard smokers with flat tires who will stare at you with those lost, Michael Bolton puppy dog eyes, because they've ventured beyond their car without a spare tube or even a tire lever or pump. You can spot them in their fluffy white t-shirts tucked into their black lycra shorts with running shoes and those ankle breaker toe straps. They're usually littered about 20 feet beyond any somewhat rocky section of trail.
    Classic ... yeah, I'll bring a couple extra patch kits to toss at the newbs as I roll by.

Edit: We were all newbs at one time so, all kidding aside, I do try and help riders out when I can.

20 miles of shuttle service doesn't seem too feasible if you're not willing to pedal. The longest route a group of us could put together on a variation of what we've dubbed 'The Humdinger' with zero climbing up there fell within 14 miles-and that was being very creative.
    Good luck.
    RIght, well, I don't mind pedaling some ... just want to avoid huge climbs since I won't be totally acclimatized. What are the typical shuttle routes?
    Last edited by reklar; 09-03-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Devil Mtn
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    One can grab the free bus to Silver Lake lodge at upper Deer Valley and jump on the Mid Mountain trail. Ride to Park City and do a much shorter climb up to the ridge. Then ride out to Canyons for a totally awesome descent and jump back on the bus or pedal a few rode miles. Busses are free and can take bikes. I ride it this way often and it's great. Cuts the 3K+ of climbing easily in half. I won't be in town this weekend so can't show you.
    Wait, I'm confused here ... I've ridden Mid Mountain from DV to the Canyons before.

Where do I pickup the WCT? Is it possible to combine it into a loop somehow? Having trouble finding a decent map of the route. One site suggested climbing Spiro but it looks like the Town Lift is a better plan for me at least ... just not sure where to go from the lift (or from Mid Mountain).

Also, what are the recommended DH trails from Mid Mountain down the hill? Starting from say the Canyons down the hill, from Mid Mountain into PC and from the DV lodge down the hill? Too many trails ... kinda hard to get my head around it.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    http://www.wcshuttle.com/

Tell him Chupie sent you.
    Then when he looks at you kinda confused, say 'Chupie' louder and louder and then just eventually give up and pay full price for the shuttle. It's worth it.

You can send $5 to my Paypal account for the info. I accept Euro's and Dutch Gilders only.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by reklar
    Also, what are the recommended DH trails from Mid Mountain down the hill? Starting from say the Canyons down the hill, from Mid Mountain into PC and from the DV lodge down the hill? Too many trails ... kinda hard to get my head around it.
    Best DH trail off the Mid Mountain is to bomb down Spiro around 5:30pm on a week day or 10:30am on a weekend. Don't mind those people pedalling, running or walking their dogs up it. They shouldn't be there in the first place .

Members who have read this thread: 0