Wasatch Crest?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wasatch Crest?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Wasatch Crest?

Just wondering if anyone has been up on the Crest trail within the past week or so. If so, how were trail condtions?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

on Sunday....

we found some thin mud just after you pass the divide between BC and Mill Creek, then further down as you get into the shady spots comes a mix of thin mud and ice. After a week of warmer nights I would think some of that ice is now thin mud. Lots of people riding through it all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks. Hoping to ride it tomorrow am!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ucme4dk
    Thanks. Hoping to ride it tomorrow am!
    So how was it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I skipped the crest. Talked with Boris (Endurance 100 guy) Friday night and he said there was still some ice/snow and a little muddy. I just had my bike overhauled and was not feeling like getting muddy.

So I rode from the trailhead of the Lost prospector toward the Solamere Loop then across to the Deer Valley Intermountain Cup course. After the steep, loose downhill I turned left and climbed up to Silver Lake and onto Team Big Bear. Took that across to the the top of TG and descended to the Black Forest and the headed over to the top of John's Trail.

TG and the Black Forest were so fun, I hopped on the Mid-Mountain and went back to do it again. Then descended via John's Trail and Sweeney Switchbacks. Everything was clear of snow/mud and the riding was great.

I did the first 40-50 minutes of riding with no light under the moon. It was just bright enough to see the outline of the trail. Saw a cow moose with her calf and some other wildlife. All around a great ride!!! I didn't feel bad for missing the Crest. Although it should be great this weekend if the weather holds.

Ed

Members who have read this thread: 0