WARNING... BST by the zoo- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

WARNING... BST by the zoo

My truck was broken into at the BST parking lot accross the street from the zoo today!! Damn!!!! The passenger window was broken, and a few things were taken (luckily, no cards, $$, license)- but they did get a great cycling jacket, a few pairs of gloves and arm & leg warmers, headbands and hats, all in my bike gear bag.

BEWARE!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I know the feeling. My truck was broken into a few years ago in the same location. Not much taken but what a drag. Passenger window was broken and locked glove box torn out of the dash. I've never parked there again.

mtbr member
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Was this day or night. In the winter I park there frequently in the AM and sometimes after dark. I've seen broken glass in the lot and I'm always concerned when parking after dark.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    I was broken into there a few years ago - same thing, passenger window smashed and all my **** in the car was taken. Sucks, sorry man!

mtbr member
    Yeah, this sucks. We had our car broken in to during a nice family outing on the Jordan River Parkway a couple years back. Broad daylight, too.

Is there an alternative place to park up there that might be safer? Maybe the zoo parking lot, or even up the hill by the park (to the South)?
    '19 Ibis Ripmo
    '13 Felt Z4

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I think the zoo is probably the best bet. My truck was parked in the rotary glen park across from the trailhead when it was broken into. I have a friend whose car was broken into at the City Creek trailhead as well.