Want to ride or need a shuttle in Moab next week?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Want to ride or need a shuttle in Moab next week?

My friend and I will be in Moab next week from Wednesday Sep. 21 till Sat. the 24th. I've been to Moab many times but we'd like to meet other people for a ride there. Our plan is to do Enchilada from Burro Pass on Wednesday and Thursday, in case the weather gets bad, and do Mag7 on another day. We have our own car with a bike rack that holds 4 bikes. I can fit another 1 or 2 bikes inside the car as well. We can either shuttle with one of the companies in town or be more flexible and shuttle with other riders, maybe even later in the day if we feel like it. And shuttle ourselves on Friday as well to do Mag7.
    Anyone interested? We're fairly good riders, at least intermediate. Would also like to meet local riders and check out other trails in the area.

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    I'll miss your schedule a bit. I'm headed from San Jose to Fruita / Grand Junction next Friday for a 3 week MTB road trip, my 4th this year to the area. I'll be in Moab for Outerbike for over a week then back to Hurricane / Virgin and home. I would love to ride TWE from the top but not alone. I've done Koko down to the river many times but never there at a time when the upper trails are snow free, even in October.

Have a great trip! Don't leave too much blood on the trails :-)
    MTB blog for US West trails: http://jimprestonmtb.com. Trail analysis videos, bike and component reviews, other stuff.

mtbr member
    Will be getting in town on Sat the 24th and possibly looking for someone to shuttle with. Mag 7 is def worth shuttling, but unless you're going to camp up in the La Sals upon retrieving your shuttle it's worth the commercial shuttle cost (to me). Really only enjoy Hazard down anyway. Will be riding Sat the 24th through Fri the 30th if you guys happen to stay later or anybody else checking in on this thread. Will be 4 of us with 2 vans...and we're the after ride party type. Have fun!!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Will be getting in town on Sat the 24th and possibly looking for someone to shuttle with. Mag 7 is def worth shuttling, but unless you're going to camp up in the La Sals upon retrieving your shuttle it's worth the commercial shuttle cost (to me). Really only enjoy Hazard down anyway. Will be riding Sat the 24th through Fri the 30th if you guys happen to stay later or anybody else checking in on this thread. Will be 4 of us with 2 vans...and we're the after ride party type. Have fun!!
    We can ride and shuttle Sat the 24th.?
    You guys like to do Mag7 that day? We've never done Mag7 but did all of the Amasa Back trail system last time we were in Moab and also Enchilada 2 days in a row.
    We can ride morning or afternoon. I can bring my 4 bike rack (+room for 2 bikes inside my SUV) If that works for everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpreston View Post
    I'll miss your schedule a bit. I'm headed from San Jose to Fruita / Grand Junction next Friday for a 3 week MTB road trip, my 4th this year to the area. I'll be in Moab for Outerbike for over a week then back to Hurricane / Virgin and home. I would love to ride TWE from the top but not alone. I've done Koko down to the river many times but never there at a time when the upper trails are snow free, even in October.

We may stop in Fruita on Sunday morning, let you know if we do!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Txholland View Post
    We can ride and shuttle Sat the 24th.?
    You guys like to do Mag7 that day? We've never done Mag7 but did all of the Amasa Back trail system last time we were in Moab and also Enchilada 2 days in a row.
    We can ride morning or afternoon. I can bring my 4 bike rack (+room for 2 bikes inside my SUV) If that works for everyone.
    Mag 7 won't work for us on Sat unfortunately. I'll be leaving Portland OR Fri eve & typically don't end up over that way untill 2:30 PM or so. Probably do an easy run on Amasa or Slick Rock for Sat.
    I've had good luck finding someone to shuttle with just hangin out at the Portal take out parking lot at the campground there in the morning. Whatever you do make sure you make Mag 7 happen...it's awesome.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Mag 7 won't work for us on Sat unfortunately. I'll be leaving Portland OR Fri eve & typically don't end up over that way untill 2:30 PM or so. Probably do an easy run on Amasa or Slick Rock for Sat.
    I've had good luck finding someone to shuttle with just hangin out at the Portal take out parking lot at the campground there in the morning. Whatever you do make sure you make Mag 7 happen...it's awesome.
    Thanks, Mag7 is on our list!

mtbr member
    Anyone riding Mag7 on Friday Sep. 23?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Hi all, I will be headed to Moab with a bunch of trail runners but would like to ride the Whole Enchilada on Saturday, October 15 if anyone is down. It would be great to meet some new people to ride with since I will be solo.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    No intent to derail the thread, but I am thinking of riding the Moab area the weekend of Oct 8th, if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up I'd really love to ride with some new people.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpreston View Post

4th Mountain bike trip of the year - I am sooo envious of you.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Yeti SB95c
    Jun 2004
    What's your riding level babesquatch? I'm upper intermediate, usually. In Fruita now but moving to Moab tomorrow (Thursday) for Outerbike.

I'm recovering from a crash on a ride with Txholland on the Holy Cross Trail near Grand Junction :-) Second time injured on HC. That trail is a ***** but fascinates me.
    MTB blog for US West trails: http://jimprestonmtb.com. Trail analysis videos, bike and component reviews, other stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2779 View Post
    Hi all, I will be headed to Moab with a bunch of trail runners but would like to ride the Whole Enchilada on Saturday, October 15 if anyone is down. It would be great to meet some new people to ride with since I will be solo.
    Depending on the weather, you may not get to ride all of TWE. As of today, Burro pass is closed.
    SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich