WAFTA Movie Premiere - Freedom Riders on May 28th!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

WAFTA Movie Premiere - Freedom Riders on May 28th!

We're pleased to announce announce the Salt Lake premiere of Freedom Riders! For details and a trailer, go to http://www.freedomridersthemovie.com

Please mark this down on your calendar and bring your friends! Proceeds will benefit WAFTA and you'll be up to win some sweet prizes too.

(PhotoJohn - Sticky? Please? Thanks!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I will be there w/ a crew of friends! Looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Every Utah rider with a big bike should come and learn something.

Jackson's population is tiny compared to the number of people surrounding Salt Lake. Let's see what the freedom riders have accomplished and see what we can apply here.

Plus, it just looks like a good show and Brewvies is a good time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Bump

Bump for a reminder. Check out the trailer at www.freedomridersthemovie.com

Additionally, Giant will be giving a way a frame at the premiere, along with swag from other folks. Should be great!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Got a copy of this film the other day. Pretty decent with more bonus features than a Hollywood special edition DVD.

It'll definitely make you think twice before you head out with a shovel and start digging just anywhere. Or, just skidding a new line down the face of a mountain.

Oh, and the dog dies at the end. Sorry for the spoiler.

mtbr member

Free beer at slcrockymountainrider's premiere? Sweet!

Ok, kidding on that... but, even though you 'spoiled' it, I still hope people come out for the big screen version (including you, rocky). Not only will you be able to see the show but you might win some cool stuff, including a new frame compliments of Go-Ride/Giant plus one of many other fabulous prizes. So bring yourself, your friends, your family... and support WAFTA at the same time!

Don't worry, I ordered rain and lightning for Thursday eve so you won't even want to be out riding your bike.

Chumley for prez!
    Yeah rocky, you can put on your girl pants (I think you already have the eu du hippie thing dialed), hop on that fixie of yours and head on down. I challenge you to a track stand competition on the way.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    Yeah rocky, you can put on your girl pants (I think you already have the eu du hippie thing dialed), hop on that fixie of yours and head on down. I challenge you to a track stand competition on the way.
    My girl capris are already so tight I can ONLY do track stands. Nothing else. Can't pedal. Can't sit. You should know that already. 'Member when I was passed out and you tried unsuccessfully to put your hand down them? Trying to be all stealth like. Humming some emo song in my ear. Really....

That's it. I'm going to build an illegal trail and carving your name in a tree at the beginning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Bump. Good food, good beverages, good company, good flick, good give aways and raffle items, good cause. Winners all the way around.

See you there - this Thursday night.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Looking forward to it. I will be there.

mtbr member
    Bump... today is the day...
    Bikeless Rider

mtbr member

Thanks!

We had a pretty good turnout for the shows, and really appreciate everybody coming out to watch the film and support WAFTA.

Big thanks to Go-Ride/Giant for the frame that we raffled off, which was won by local celebrity "Catch22". Congrats!

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProf
    We had a pretty good turnout for the shows, and really appreciate everybody coming out to watch the film and support WAFTA.

Big thanks to Go-Ride/Giant for the frame that we raffled off, which was won by local celebrity "Catch22". Congrats!
    Thanks to Go-Ride/Giant/WAFTA for a cool event, I was having a great time well before winning the frame so that was certainly the icing on the cake. I'll have to go work it off on a few of the upcoming build days. Oh, and if you see some dork on a new STP out flailing around on the local dirt jumps or pumptracks, blame Go-Ride/Giant/WAFTA because they made me do it.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Members who have read this thread: 0