Visiting St. George - Food and events?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2014

New question here. Visiting St. George - Food and events?

I'm going to be visiting town to ride from the 10-15th and I'm got my ride plan down pat right now and feeling really good about it. I am genuinely extremely excited to come out and learn to ride some real rock.

What I was hoping to find was some recommendations and tips from folks locally who might help a PNW rider find good food or at least places to avoid in town for dinners and evening activities. I'm 100% on vacation and if there is a great (or very unfriendly) bar or whatever other kind of nightlight might be around, I'd be very glad for your help!

Edit - saw the sticky for St. George has food advice on it too, but anything additional is always appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Food - Peppers for Mexican food, they've got a couple locations around town or, there's El Coyote Charro that's good as well. Bishops is a decent diner, Mad Pita for some good greek\Mediterranean food. There's only one bar and I wouldn't bother with it. Utah law is that you have to order food to order alcohol so mainly restaurants are best. Not much nightlife around here, it's pretty quiet. Jazzy bar and grill will have live bands occasionally so I'd shoot for that in the evening times

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ha food and social events. two things st. george is pathetic at. go to springdale if you want anything good