Visiting SLC: Looking for Downhill- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Visiting SLC: Looking for Downhill

I'm visiting the SLC area this week and was wondering where to go downhilling in the area. Specifically lift access downhilling, not cross country trails. I'm from Denver and usually ride at Keystone and Vail, so if you are familiar with them, I'm looking for something similar.

Thanks

biking is fun
    go to deer valley up in park city. it has one of the hardest dh courses in the the U.S. plus three or four other hard core double black diomand runs. it also has stunts and such. fun stuff

mtbr member
    Go to Wolf mountain too- see other post on this forum. It is a little resort 1 hour north of SLC and is the only place with big jumps and a sick mtx course. The DH is good too. Deer Valley is fun and has the famous DH course but after 13 years of riding there i'm only going to Wolf from now on.

Krispy
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, I rode Deer Valley. Definitely good stuff there, I'd go back.
    The race course is harder than anything open in the Denver area resorts.
    I think you locals should get them to open a couple black level North Shore stunts for you all to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    "I think you locals should get them to open a couple black level North Shore stunts for you all to ride."

Whoah! That was a laugh! NS stunts at DV! Man, my belly hurts! Yeah, we've asked many times. They seem less than interested. In fact, the head patroller was excited that Wolf Mountain was building jumps and stunts because "it takes the pressure off" DV to build. BTW - No skidding! I don't care if you call it a cutty or drift or whatever! It's bad form! (top world cup DH racers are always using bad form). . . Yep, they really don't know what we're doing on our downhill bikes at DV. No idea at all.

-D

Members who have read this thread: 0