Visiting Park City Soon- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Visiting Park City Soon

Hey I am going on a family trip to Park City from the Bay Area next week starting on the 8th and was wondering where a good place to ride would be. Due to limited space I dont think I will be able to bring my bike from home so I will also have to rent. I know there are a few resorts that are open to mountain bikes in the summer, Deer Valley and Park City Mountain Resort. I am somewhat of a noob but was thinking about trying out lift service park. Any tips of places to go or avoid or any particular trails that are must rides. I prefer downhill to more xc style riding but I am defiantly not hardcore enough to be hitting 20 foot gaps but woundnt mind hitting some smaller jumps and stunts. Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    have you tried searching "park city riding" or something similar...id give you some suggestions but feel I would just be repeating what 100's of other people have already said.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    not that it is the only place -by far, but at Deer Valley, you can rent bikes and ride your hearts content out. The 'blue' trails are extremely manageable to anyone that knows how to trail ride at all. -easy enough to branch out onto something slightly more challenging as well. Most the 'stunts' are i think aimed at being for beginners.... even my wife rides them.

mtbr member
    I agree, Deer Valley should be best. However, I think DH in Park City is not so great. The trails are dry, rooty, rocky and lack fun stunts. It seems boring to slip and slide down a trashed lift served trail. I think PC is more suited to XC riding, which is fantastic. My advice is take advantage of the good XC and limit your expectations for DH.

I do recommend the jump park on the bike path near town, that place is a blast for all bike styles.

Oct 2005
    jhill, rent a decent 4 or 5 inch bike from Jans or White Pine which are both in Park City, then drive 5 minutes to deer valley and get a trail map or have someone point you to Mid Mountain trail, great xc trail, good variety, nothing too techno (my wife rides it). it goes from DV all the way to the Canyons and a beyond, so if you want you can ride for a few hourse each direction, or do any length you want. the chairlift thing at DV is cool for maybe a day, but Mid Mountain is great.

mtbr member

It's not lift serviced, but

Bob's Basin, out by Jeremy Ranch has some fun, easy jumps and banked turns...it does require a few hundred feet of climbing per cycle, though.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    I dont know how many days of actual riding ill be able to get in since i would have to rent a bike each day i went out. But it seems like I might want to try DV just to give lift-acess riding a shot. Since ive never really done it im sure even if its not the best downhill I will be content. Maybe if I get time go out on an XC ride. Only thing is I will be solo so not sure if i want to go on a longer xc ride in an unfimiliar area at elevation. Thanks for all the feedback. If more ideas come up keep them coming

Members who have read this thread: 0