Visiting for a few days...- Mtbr.com
    Moose Member

Visiting for a few days...

I know I should use the search feature, but it's past midnight and I'm tired...

I'm coming up to Utah over spring break. I'll be in the circleville/salt lake area for a little bit, then headed down to st George for the last few days...

I can't travel far, so I'm curious if there's anything good in the area. I'm looking for dirtjumps/pumptracks/freeride/light DH. I'm bringing my haro porter, so it limits me a little. I don't really like xc and such, but if it's close I'll give it a whirl.

I may be headed to virgin for a day while in st George.

Anyone wanna ride while I'm there? Ill be in circleville the beginning of the week of the 18th, and st George probably about Wednesday? Not to sure in dated though. Just let me know.

I'm a decent rider. I've never been to legit dirt jumps (besides northstar) so I'm looking to finally hit some bigguns. Just let me know.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    I know I should use the search feature, but it's past midnight and I'm tired...

I'm coming up to Utah over spring break. I'll be in the circleville/salt lake area for a little bit, then headed down to st George for the last few days...

I can't travel far, so I'm curious if there's anything good in the area. I'm looking for dirtjumps/pumptracks/freeride/light DH. I'm bringing my haro porter, so it limits me a little. I don't really like xc and such, but if it's close I'll give it a whirl.

I may be headed to virgin for a day while in st George.

Anyone wanna ride while I'm there? Ill be in circleville the beginning of the week of the 18th, and st George probably about Wednesday? Not to sure in dated though. Just let me know.

I'm a decent rider. I've never been to legit dirt jumps (besides northstar) so I'm looking to finally hit some bigguns. Just let me know.
    New Ogden park would probably be fun on that bike, I haven't seen the trails yet but I think there is some sort of grand opening event there towards the end of May: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=700287

I Street is a quick drive from there and is dirt jumptacular.

JMH

Picture Unrelated
    Really depends on how things dry out, when is your spring break? I street gets dry fast, I have heard that people were riding Eagle Mountain park during the last warm weather though I don't know exactly what the trails are like.

I would plan on doing the bulk of your riding in the south and be pleasantly surprised to get some riding in SLC if the weather stays nice. You would be missing out if you focused on the dirt jumping and missed out on the amazing trails here.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum
    Really depends on how things dry out, when is your spring break? I street gets dry fast, I have heard that people were riding Eagle Mountain park during the last warm weather though I don't know exactly what the trails are like.

I would plan on doing the bulk of your riding in the south and be pleasantly surprised to get some riding in SLC if the weather stays nice. You would be missing out if you focused on the dirt jumping and missed out on the amazing trails here.
    Im not trying to focus only on dirt jumping, but i would really like to try...

I'll ride anything really. And as far as weather goes I'll ride in anything. Here in Nevada Riding in snow is fairly common, and it adds some challenge... Weather dont bug me.

I also found out (this should prove im not from the area) that ill be in west jordan and SLC, not Circleville... I have some family down in circleville but i wont be down there...

Moose Member
    Just found I-Street. Wont be too long of a drive and it looks like heaven. I'll be sure to check it out

I also hear the name tanner park come up a lot. Ill look into it. Are there any bike shops in the area that could help me out?
    Last edited by Moosey; 04-12-2011 at 10:45 PM.

mtbr member
    When you get to St. George check out Barrels, Zen, and Grafton Mesa.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Picture Unrelated
    Just found I-Street. Wont be too long of a drive and it looks like heaven. I'll be sure to check it out

I also hear the name tanner park come up a lot. Ill look into it. Are there any bike shops in the area that could help me out?
    Go-Ride is the isht when it comes to this sort of riding. If you've never rode dirt jumps, Tanner may not be where you want to go to learn.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum
    Go-Ride is the isht when it comes to this sort of riding. If you've never rode dirt jumps, Tanner may not be where you want to go to learn.
    YEA I looked tanner up on YouTube and I may be a little bit much. It looks like I street is a bit friendlier. I'm used to big long doubles, just not the jumps that pop you super high...

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    YEA I looked tanner up on YouTube and I may be a little bit much. It looks like I street is a bit friendlier. I'm used to big long doubles, just not the jumps that pop you super high...
    Tanner is designed and maintained primarily by BMX riders so the jumps are tight and steep. I Street has more open, friendly lines and is great on a mountain bike. Also lots of smaller stuff for those of us who aren't awesome dirt jumpers.

JMH

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Yep, hit I St. It's in great shape right now with lots of options.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I live in Virgin and don't need much arm twisting to go riding.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    I live in Virgin and don't need much arm twisting to go riding.
    sounds rad, but my plans are changing every day. I nay not be headed down to st George anymore

If I do go down there I'll hit you up for sure...

biking is fun
    oh man!!! the one weekend im out of town and the famous moosey will be in my hometown!! I will be back on monday (headed to moab) but if your still around the SLC area I would gladly take you up to I street on tuesday, wed, or thurs.

PM me if you are going to be around and want to ride

banned
    Sep 2007
    Looking to do some of the mild stuff on Grafton Mesa. Suggestions?

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    Looking to do some of the mild stuff on Grafton Mesa. Suggestions?
    There's pretty much one route down Grafton and you should be fine. The freeridey stuff is easy to miss, but if you want a mellower ride you might skip it anyway.There are rockgardens and a few exposed areas but they are easy to see and you can decide if you feel like riding them.

Check utahmountainbiking.com

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    There's pretty much one route down Grafton and you should be fine. The freeridey stuff is easy to miss, but if you want a mellower ride you might skip it anyway.There are rockgardens and a few exposed areas but they are easy to see and you can decide if you feel like riding them.

Check utahmountainbiking.com
    Thanks! Maybe try J.E.M. too. A guy I rode with today said it was snowing today in SLC, so... I didn't see any rain in the forecast for Moab this week.

Members who have read this thread: 0