The Virgin Navajo Loop: A Ride Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

The Virgin Navajo Loop: A Ride Report

Fall color from the Virgin Rim .

The Sentinel

Now I gotta get there!!

I've been riding in this state for 18 years, and have never made it down to Navajo Lake. Been close, but never ridden the VRRT...next year for sure!! Thanks for the great photos and inspiration.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

ISO Gems...

Great Shots...

Quote Originally Posted by tk421onthemic
    Fall color from the Virgin Rim .

I really love the shots that you take, and It's cool to see some epic ride shots from that part of Utah. The Tushar shots that you posted up about a month ago almost made me keel over off my chair.... absolutely stunning shots. Have you ever ridden out near the Fishlake National Forest area, Mytoge Mtn., and the Fishlake hightop ?????

I was up there in August of 2003 and 2004 and there wasn't a rider in sight. The weather was turbulent and the riding was amazing, especially descending down Doc Creek back to Fishlake. In 2004 I decided to climb up to the Fishlake Hightop plateau ascending from north with plans of getting down on the southern side. I spent a good deal of the morning hiking my bike up to the meadow/plateau through lava roock. All in all it was the best solo ride that I have ever done. The solitude on the ride was awesome. If you do have any pics of the above mentioned area please post em' up I'd love to see them.

D

Brass Nipples!
    Great stuff as always.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    I really love the shots that you take, and It's cool to see some epic ride shots from that part of Utah. The Tushar shots that you posted up about a month ago almost made me keel over off my chair.... absolutely stunning shots. Have you ever ridden out near the Fishlake National Forest area, Mytoge Mtn., and the Fishlake hightop ?????

I was up there in August of 2003 and 2004 and there wasn't a rider in sight. The weather was turbulent and the riding was amazing, especially descending down Doc Creek back to Fishlake. In 2004 I decided to climb up to the Fishlake Hightop plateau ascending from north with plans of getting down on the southern side. I spent a good deal of the morning hiking my bike up to the meadow/plateau through lava roock. All in all it was the best solo ride that I have ever done. The solitude on the ride was awesome. If you do have any pics of the above mentioned area please post em' up I'd love to see them.

D

Yeah, I have biked around Fish Lake a little, but this was back in maybe '90. Not even pics to scan. Fall colors around Fish Lake are unbeatable. I remember reading an article years ago about how all of the aspen trees around Fish Lake are connected my the same root system, possibly making them the single biggest organism in the world?

But, yeah, there are still MANY incredible places in this state where you can ride your bike in complete solitude off of the mainstream radar. The mountains and deserts of south-central Utah are a perfect example. In addition to Fish Lake I've done a lot of exploring in the nearby Thousand Lake and Boulder Mountains as well as the highly underrated Capitol Reef N.P. Simply amazing country and still unknown to the average biker.

Here are a couple of pictures I scrounged up and scanned from about '96 on and around Boulder Mountain, fanny packs and all:
    Attached Images Attached Images

ISO Gems...
    Thanks for posting up the shots... It almost makes it worse looking at the photos knowing that I wont be able to make it up to So. Utah this fall. I have heard the same from several people living in Hurricane that there is some awesome riding in Capitol Reef N.P.
    I'd like to get out there myself sometime very soon to explore this less traveled part of Utah... Keep the pics comin'

D
    Last edited by Dirty D; 08-07-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 1