Video from my Moab trip- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Video from my Moab trip

Heys guys, just thought I put put up my vids from my recent Moab trip.....

A video of Hazard County / Procupine Rim

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYJA2YdRb8s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYJA2YdRb8s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

A slideshow that i made of our pics. Rides include slickrock, Amasa Back, Hazard County / Procupine Rim and others.......

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6hZ7YY0I-Jg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6hZ7YY0I-Jg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

An awesome place to visit and I will be back again!

Cheers

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    excellent collection of photo's and video snips.

mtbr member
    Love it! I can't wait to get back there myself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, definately one of the best place I've ridden.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

... and if we just ...

Great video!! What brand of helmet cam did you use? My husband and I are thinking of buying one soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks!

I used a helmet mounted GoPro HD. I think for that vid I used it in the 720p mode - but posting it on youtube reduces the quality. I have also posted other videos on the video thred of the forum where you can the camera being used in different light conditions etc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Trail recommendations

So it looks like I will be down to Moab again later this year for my second trip.

Any suggestions on trails to check out? The tails I did last year were:-

Amasa Back
    Klondyke Bluffs
    Sovereign
    Hazard County - Inc. UPS MPS and porcupine rim
    and others.....

Any really good ones I should aim for. I will be there in October so weather shouldn't be too hot for longer trips.

Thanks guys!
    Pingu

banned
    Sep 2007
    I'd look into doing the Magnificent 7, also for a more mellow fun ride, do the Bar M series of rides on some slickrock. Try Jackson off of Amasa Back for some variety too.

Absolutely wonderful pics and video that capture the essence of what Moab is all about.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Awesome stuff, thanks for posting!

Amasa DOES have some excellent options once you get to the top. Rockstacker and Jacksons make a great route if you like the tech. It looks like you got a taster on your last trip, now it's time to dig deeper!

The trails high in the mountains are excellent in October. Check out Moonlight Meadows. I agree that you should investigate the Gold Bar Rim, there are great views and good riding up there. Mag Seven (like RandyBoy suggested) would be a great option. Portal is one of the gnarlier well-known trails in Moab and is worth a look.

banned
    Sep 2007
    As a side bar, what do the Moab folks like to run for tires on their bikes, something that's durable and lasts on the slickrock?

Members who have read this thread: 0