Vernal Trails Ready To Go!- Mtbr.com
    Stay On The Trail
    Oct 2006

Vernal Trails Ready To Go!

13 March 2009 Vernal Trails Update: Friday the 13th turns out to be your lucky day! The desert trails in Vernal are rocking! There are still a few damp spots, so please walk around the mud and do not create permaruts. The big news is the new riding area called Springfield west of Vernal near Lapoint. That crazy crew of Deadicated Utah Mountain Bikers has been working the past few years on a bunch of trails out there and they are now ready to roll. So far in 2009, Flaming Homer and Lenny & Carl are rideable. Flaming Homer is a quick 4.5 mile jaunt in the sagebrush. Lenny & Carl is 9.6 miles of climbing and cruising on narrow, twisty desert singletrack. The trailhead location and free trail maps are only available at Utah Singletrack. Go to the link for Google Earth Trailheads and then Google Maps.

Stay tuned as more new trails at Springfield will be posted as the conditions cooperate!

Bored Carp
    How is Red Mountain?
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Stay On The Trail
    Oct 2006
    No info right now, will try and check it out over the weekend. Stay tuned ...

Stay On The Trail
    Oct 2006

Red Mountain

Drove up to the trailhead, but did not ride. It looks pretty dry with some snow showing on the north slope. I suspect the climb up the road would be a bit muddy with the singletrack descent OK. I do not ride there much. You might check the web site at Altitude Cycle in Vernal, they also post trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sngltrc
    13 March 2009 Vernal Trails Update: Friday the 13th turns out to be your lucky day! The desert trails in Vernal are rocking! There are still a few damp spots, so please walk around the mud and do not create permaruts. The big news is the new riding area called Springfield west of Vernal near Lapoint. That crazy crew of Deadicated Utah Mountain Bikers has been working the past few years on a bunch of trails out there and they are now ready to roll. So far in 2009, Flaming Homer and Lenny & Carl are rideable. Flaming Homer is a quick 4.5 mile jaunt in the sagebrush. Lenny & Carl is 9.6 miles of climbing and cruising on narrow, twisty desert singletrack. The trailhead location and free trail maps are only available at Utah Singletrack. Go to the link for Google Earth Trailheads and then Google Maps.

Stay tuned as more new trails at Springfield will be posted as the conditions cooperate!
    Sweet, I'll have to check 'em out this Sat.

Thanks
    Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see!

mtbr member
    I was hauling production water from the Piceance Basin out to the disposal site in LaPoint, and spent most of my drive staring at the scenery, thinking there must be some sweet trails out there. Quit the job in January, but I'd still like to make it up the Vernal area to ride. There is some intruiging looking terrain up there...

Members who have read this thread: 0