Vacation time- Mtbr.com

Thread: Vacation time

mtbr member

Vacation time

My wife and some of my boys are going on vacation next week to the beautiful state of Utah and she has given me a kitchen pass for a couple of the days. We will be staying in Park City and St. George. I've been to Gooseberry a couple of times and would like to ride something else, and I don't mind paying for a tour package if somebody could reccomend one? The days I have open are any day but Monday the 15th. I'm directionally challenged so I don't veture off by myself to far.I'm not very good with directions,but I sure can follow good.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Freak
    My wife and some of my boys are going on vacation next week to the beautiful state of Utah and she has given me a kitchen pass for a couple of the days. We will be staying in Park City and St. George. I've been to Gooseberry a couple of times and would like to ride something else, and I don't mind paying for a tour package if somebody could reccomend one? The days I have open are any day but Monday the 15th. I'm directionally challenged so I don't veture off by myself to far.I'm not very good with directions,but I sure can follow good.

I just had a great day on my DH bike at Deer Velley, they have something for everyone there. If you want to get crazy on a big bike or do good XC and trail riding Deer Valley is great Park City is right next door.

The trails at PC are good too. Mid-mountain and the Town Loop are good fun. MM can take about 4 hours and TL can be done in an hour so those are two rides I would recommend. You can connect MM to the Wasatch Crest for an epic ride. Or take a tour and request the Wasatch Crest Trail. It is one of the best rides in Northern UT.

It is going to be HOT HOT HOT in St. G so I would plan on getting your riding in PC where it stays in the 70's and 80's. Unless you like riding in the 100's or early in the morning.

Check out www.utahmountainbiking.com for more info. It is a great resource for UT riding and the trail descriptions are pretty right on, although I think the author likes climbing more than I do.

Good luck,
    B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....