Utah Trip in September - Please give me suggestions- Mtbr.com

Apr 2007

Idea! Utah Trip in September - Please give me suggestions

Hi,

I will be in Vegas for a few days in beginning of september , I am
    planning to go to Utah to ride for 2 to 4 days on a organized tour.

I will be probably travelling by bus to Utah. I need your inputs please because
    I want to go the the best places and ride on a tour (cross country/
    All Mountain ) at intermediate level.

Can you recommend me the nicest spots and tour operators in Utah.

Thanks from Canada

Ptrebor

Feb 2007
    Be sure to check out www.mountainbikebuddies.com.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Also take a look at

www.utahmountainbiking.com.

If I had just a few days to see as much utah riding as possible I would rent a car. most trails are not accessable by public transportation. Heres a sample itenerary.

Day 1. Drive from vegas to St Geroge utah. 1.5 hours. Ride paradise canyon (45 min), and then ride over to green valley and ride a racecourse lap 40 min followed by the barrell trail (45 min) and finally down the bear claw poppy and back to the car. Would be close to a 3 hour ride for me.

Day 2. Get up early before its hot and drive out to ivans and ride the barrell roll. (1 hour)
    Drive to Zion and hike and sightsee. Zion is amasing. Stay in springville tonight.

Day 3 ride gooseberry mesa until you don't want to ride anymore. Then make your way to Brianhead and enjoy the cool temps after spending a week in vegas and riding in the desert.

Day 4. Ride brianhead trails. Lots to choose from, and I don't know them well enough to say what is a must ride and whats just ok, but I would try to get in Blowhard, and Dark Hollow. Both of those are typically shuttled. I always ride the scoutcamp loop when I am there as well.

I dunno how many days your coming for but there are some ride suggestions from me.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Apr 2007

THANKS TO pedal

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0